30. A night with him at fields

Preeti's Point of view

"Let's go." He said and ignited the engine.

"How far the place from here?" Siddharth asked me, breaking a silence. His eyes are focused on the road.

"20 minutes drive from here." I said turning my head to him and gave him a small smile. He turn his head to me and replied my smile by giving me a soft smile.

"Take left turn from next pole, after taking next right turn, drive straight until next right turn then after diving 5 minute straight we reached the place." I gave him direction. He nodded his head while taking left turn.

This is the last night of Siddharth in India and last night for us to spend together until marriage. I'm not ready to leave him this soon. I wanted to spend every second with him before he leave for Newyork. These two months far from him, is like a two centuries to me.

I turn my head to Siddharth and I can see his tensed shoulder and his grip on steering wheel. He is lost in his world and I know right now he is having the same battle with his mind as mine.

I always dreamed about my marriage. I always wanted an arrange marriage but a thought always bothered me that, how's my husband will be like, will he love me, will I love him, will we both can understand each other and what happen if we don't work out but now whenever I looked at Siddharth my heart beats increased at their maximum pace and don't forget all those kisses he gave me which makes butterflies dance in my stomach, the way he care about me and love me, I am damn sure that I fell for him hard and my all worries are faded in a thin air.

My heart skipped so many beats and I forget to take breath when I look into his eyes and saw love for me.

We reached the outskirts of the village, fields are visible on both side of us.

"Take left from here." I said.

"Are you sure, this is the place you are talking about." Siddharth asked me. I nodded my head then he take a left turn and drive on a dirt road.

"Stop here." After three minutes of driving I said him to stop the car. Siddharth pulled a break and car came to a halt. We both unbuckled our seatbelts and step outside from the car.

I came to Siddharth side and he intertwine our fingers. Today is moon night. There is no moon in the sky. We hardly see anything. Siddharth take out his phone from his pocket and turn on the torch. We walked to a little woods for few minutes and came to an opening.

We walked in a meadow. There is a bamboo thatch in the middle of the meadow. I guided him towards the bamboo thatch. I free my hand from Siddharth and walk to one of the bamboo. A lalten is hanging on the bamboo. I took match box on a little space on the bamboo which is made by rectangular cut on it.

Siddharth is standing behind me and watching my every action. I lit the lantern and do the same with other lalten which is hanging beside the first one.

I took a lalten from the hanger when I was about to take other lalten Siddharth beat me and take it from the hanger.

We both set little far from the bamboo thatch, beside each other and put lalten on each side of us. I folded my legs and pull my knees up to my chest and put my chin on my knees. My hair is blowing in a air.

"This is Tau ji's property and became my favorite place when I was 10 year old." I said looking at the horizon.

"You came here often?" He asked looking at me.

I nodded my head. "When I need to think about something or I felt alone or sad." I said looking at him. I pull my head from my knees and set straight. My hand still folded around my legs.