54. Pushing away her demons

Preeti's point of view

I woke up in a large bedroom of Siddharth, when sun rays fell on me. Last night we both were in a balcony and don't know when we fell asleep. But when I woke up I was in the bedroom and Siddharth wasn't there. He must me pick me here when I was sleep. I always wakeup early but Siddharth always wakeup before me. I got up from the bed and headed to the washroom.

When I finished my shower and get ready in a greenish yellow simple anarkali suit , I smelled of burning of something and I can hear the voices coming from the kitchen.

I hurriedly make my way to the downstairs and saw smoke is coming out from the kitchen

I hurriedly make my way to the downstairs and saw smoke is coming out from the kitchen. I run towards the kitchen and get shock, Siddharth is stirring the curry while covering his nose. His eyes met with mine and he gave his million dollar smile.

"Good morning." He said and started coughing. I immediately took a water bottle from the fridge and it to him.

He drank the water and I rub his back.

"Aap thik to hai na..? (You okey?)" I asked him and he nodded his head as yes.

"What are you doing in kitchen?" I asked him while opening all the windows of kitchen so the smoke can get out from kitchen and it feel less suffocated.

"Tumhare liye nashta buna rha tha but it got burn. ( Making breakfast for you but it got burn.)" He said while looking at the pan and make a weird face. I looked into the pan and saw only black burn food.

"Looks like I'm suck in cooking." He chuckled while looking at his dish and then me.

"Hutiye..Hum aapke liye nashta buna dete hai. Kya khayenge aap? (I will cook for you. What you wanna eat for breakfast?)" I asked him while looking at him.

"Jo bhi tum chaho?(Whatever you want.)" He said softly while looking at me love and gave me his soft, love smile. I nodded my head and starting searching for ingredients of aloo paratha. His favorite bunch.

"Fuck...fuck..It's too hot...It's too hot." I turn when hear Siddharth's shouting.

"Sidhharth..."

He pick the hot pan with his bare hands and drop it. I immediately took his hand and drag him to the sink. I put his hand under the tap water and blow air. I can feel his hot burning intense gaze on me and the way he is looking at me with love, was giving a shudder to my whole body. My cheeks turn into red and I didn't find a courage to look into his deep eyes.

I took the ice pack from the fridge and told him to hold it there until he can't feel the burning sensation on his finger.

"Aap bhar bethiye..hum aapke like nashta bunaker late hai. ( You sit outside, I will come with your breakfast.)" I said while kneading the dough.

"No, I 'm fine here. I wanted to see you when you make breakfast for both of us." He said and leaned to the kitchen counter. He grabbed the apple and started eating it while observing my every action.