Chapter 13 Nightmares

I woke up with a cold sweat dripping down my body. The nightmares never seem to disappear anymore. It's like I can't get any normal amount of sleep without having that nightmare. I looked over to my best friends, who decided to stay the night with me. They were sleeping peacefully no nightmares to come haunt them while they sleep.
       I sigh and slip out of bed heading towards my bathroom. I walk in and look at myself in the mirror. I had bags under my eyes and I look very distraught. The bruises are now an ugly yellow like green color, and my split lip was nothing more than just a very tiny line now. I undress to take a bath, and the bruises there are still dark. I had a stitch right under my black bra. I sigh again. My body looked ugly and the nightmares didn't help at all.
       I finish removing my clothes and turn the bath water on. I add a bath bomb into the water to help my body relax. I put my left foot in, and I feel the hot water surround it like a nice warm blanket. I get all the way in and automatically relax into the bath water. Jacob and my grandmother would always draw hot bath water for me. Especially when I got hit or was just really sad from school.
       I still can remember the last bath Jacob drew for me. He was sitting on the side of the tub while the tub filled up. "You know Blur. Water seems to be the place you find peace in" Jacob said to me as I grabbed a bath bomb from under the sink. "Maybe when your upset and I'm not around. You can go somewhere with water so that'll make you happy" Jacob says you me as I drop the bath bomb in the water. "Jacob" I say wanting to tell him that I would always be with him. But when he looks to me all I say is "I love you". Jacob smiles at me "I love you too B" he replies back pulling me into a hug.
       I open my eyes after remembering that and look to see the water dripping slowly from the faucet. I remember at Jacob's funeral I swore to myself to be as good to Raphael as Jacob was to me. Even if it killed me one day.
       As my body relaxed more I felt tired trying to keep my eyes open. But I ended up falling asleep.

       I open my eyes to see that I am outside my old home. I see Jacob and Grandma smiling at me from the porch. Raphael runs past me with Axel chasing him up onto the porch. They stop turning to look at me. As they enter the house Raphael calls to me to follow.
       I go to follow smiling big, but I can't move. I look down to see two different sets of hands holding my arms. I look back to see my mother and Gabe pulling me back. I turn to the house and it's on fire. I hear Raphael, Axel, Jacob, and Grandma screaming for my help.
       I try to go to them, but Gabe and my mother just kept pulling me back. The house began to burn down falling to the ground. Fog comes Gabe and my mother hands are gone now. But now in front of me staring at me was my siblings and my grandmother's graves. "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" I cried.

       I jolted up to see I was in the bathtub still. I look around and everything was still the same. I quickly get out pulling my clothes on. I then quickly run to Raphael's room opening his door loudly. He sits up rubbing his left eyes in confusion. I grab Raphael as people in house began to come out to see what the noise is. I pass my father and step mother and they looked confused. But I knew they were all following me.
       I open Axel's door to see him sit up real fast. He look at me very confused I ran over to him hugging him and Raphael. I began to cry and both my brothers began to soothe me. But it's wasn't helping I couldn't stop crying because they were alive. And I knew everyone was watching from the doorway with pity and sadness.