Nine

Waking up, I don't hear anyone moving around or talking.

I peek out my door and the house is still dark. I quietly make my way to the kitchen.

Making myself a bowl of cereal, I sit at the table. Before long, I catch myself staring at the giant bear, that sits in the living room, with it's roses, still in hand.

Standing up, I put my bowl in the sink and go to it. I sniff the air,and I can smell him all over it, his scent of vanilla and mint, both inviting me and scaring me.

I take the roses, careful of their thorns, and take them to the kitchen, looking through the cupboards, I find a jar, and fill it with water. Placing the roses in the water, I sit them at the table.

Sitting down, I stare at the flowers. "You know, they aren't going anywhere," Anita's voice says, making me jump in surprise.

She laughs as she gets a bowl out of the cupboards and the cereal. As she sits down, there's a knock at the door.

She bolts up and rushes to the door. Only to drag in a giant black wolf stuffed animal, with a red bow and a card tied to the bow.

I groan and drop my head to the table, with a think noise. Then I groan from the pain. Causing her to laugh.

"Dear Maria,

I hope you like the roses and bear.  I had hoped you would have met       me, but I understand, mostly. I hope you like my new gift. I also hope you'll meet me today, same place, this afternoon.

                    Here's hoping Markus."

"Maria, you have to give this boy a break, he's desperate to see you," Anita says.

I look at her and scowl. "What if I am scared, to," I ask. "Is he your mate," Anita asks. I groan, she's acting like a mother, and I am older than she is.

I pick my head up off the table, and look at Anita, "the doctor explained everything to me and she said he is, but it still scared me," I reply, "everything about males scare me."  

Anita sits next to me and places a hand on my shoulder. "I know, but a mate cannot physically hurt his mate," she says, "he's not our old Alpha, Maria."

We sit at the table, as the rest of the girls walk in, and see not only the big bear, but now the big black wolf stuffed animal.

They look at me, "Markus again," they ask. I nod my head, and lay it back on the table.

They don't say anything about it to me, but I know they are dying to know. Ignoring their stares, I go to my room.

I look at the bed, and at my makeshift bed on the floor. I pick everything up and make the bed. Laying down on it, my body sinks into it.

I moan at it's softness,as I am not used to it. I soon find myself falling asleep, and I let sleep take me, to it's cloudy softness that is my bed.

################################

*Please vote and comment.

*Should Maria meet Markus?