Chapter Fifteen - Chris?...

I open my eyes up, just to find myself in a white room. The smell instantly gives away where I am. Hospital.

I hear the equipment behind me work, indicated by the beeping.

My eyes are fixed to the ceiling. It looks so white, so clean as if it has been just painted. I manage to turn my head and look around to the walls, they look the same, crystal white. It wasn't long before I notice a brown wooden door, perpendicular to my bed.

I feel the small click in my head before a mere headache sets in, causing me to lay back down onto my pillow, relax and close my eyes.

I move around but suddenly stop when a strong stab of pain stikes both my thighs, then another strikes right on my ribs.

I manage with some difficulty to sit up before slowly dragging the blanket off my legs. Once I did, I see huge, purple bruises across my two legs, I look at my arms... Bruise after bruise.

"H-how did I get all of these bruises?..." I ask myself, looking at them, becoming more frightened.

"Was... Was I in an accident?...". My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the sound of the door opening, revealing an unfamiliar guy... what is he here?

"You are finally awake!..." I can sense the relief in his voice as a smile grows on his face.

I just look at him.

That was when his smile began to slowly fade away.

"Emma?..."

How does he know my name? Who is he?

"Who are you?..." I ask him.

"Y-you don't remember me?..."

He looks at the floor before looking back at me, into my eyes. I can see his lower lip quiver.

I smile at him.

"Why are you sad... Tell me your name?" I ask him.

Suddenly his frown turns into a small smile. He walks over to me, taking a seat beside me.

"Chris... My name is Chris..."

I look at him, confused.

"I... I don't remember to know anyone called Chris...". I try to retrace who this guy is, sitting beside me is. I try so hard but I can't, I can't remember who he is. To me, he is a stranger.

"You... You don't remember me..." I hear him mutter under his breath as he lowers his head into his hands.

"What did I do... What did I fucking do..." I hear him whisper under his breath.

"What did you do?..." I ask him. Looking at him dejected makes me melancholic, even though I don't even know this guy, I feel sorrow.

"Tell me..." I add, resting my hand on his shoulder, sort of like a reassurance.

I can see him slowly raise his head until his eyes met mine. I can see the pain in them.

"I know you are a stranger-" I instantly stop mid-sentence when I see his body shake as if he just got been shot.

"What is wrong?...".

"It is all my fault..." he mutters under his breath, he looks back at me. "We take granted of the things we are given. Yet when they go away, we don't know how much we miss them..." he tells me these words. They sound like a quote. A quote that is so true.

"Tell me what you did if it will make you feel better, get it off your chest. I also want to get to know more about you.".

"I... I did something really bad, " he begins, the pain is his voice is almost unavoidable to my ears.

"What did you do?..." I ask him.

He takes a deep breath before continuing.

"Something... Something I will never be able to forgive myself... I hurt someone..." he says.

I give him a grieving smile before offering him a hug.

"Will a hug make you feel better, Chris?..."

He looks up at me as I can see his eyes accumulate with tears, he begins to blink, in an attempt to dry then away.

"Sure..." he answers as he is on the edge of tears.

He leans over to me as I pull him in for a hug, a tight hug. I can feel a sensation, something familiar from his hug... Like I have felt it before.

I can feel him wrap his hands around me as he is pulling me tighter into him, I suddenly hiss with pain causing him to instantly release his pressure.

"Crap, sorry..." he whispers through what seemed like... Tears?

"Did I hurt you?". He is looking at my body in a panic.

"I am fine, just a bit too tight," I tell him, as I slightly chuckle.

We were both quietened by the sound of the door open. It was a nurse, she smiled at both of us.

"You are one lucky girl, your boyfriend was here, by your side for the last two weeks.".

I look at her, confused because I don't have a boyfriend.

I look over at Chris who was a guilty look on his face.

"I... I don't have a boyfriend..."

But all she does is look at me with a sad look in her eyes before looking at Chris.

"Her memory should come back soon... I am so sorry that this happened.".

I look over at Chris who lowers his head in sadness.

"I lost my memory?..." I ask as I see them both look at me.

"Yes... Yes, you did" the nurse begins. "You fell down a set of stairs..." she adds.

I just look at her before shifting my eyes to Chris, who still has his head lowered.

"Hey..." I gently call out.

"Even though I don't remember who you are, you look like you are the best boyfriend I could have ever fallen for, I am so glad I chose you..." I tell him, meaning every single word I said. Afterwards, I place my hand onto his causing him to look up at me.

He gives me a small, faint smile.

I know that he wants to say something, but he keeps it to himself.