Chapter Sixteen - Two Weeks Later.

Two weeks have passed since I woke up from my, so-called, short coma. Since then, Chris was by my side all day, every day.

I feel bad because I think I am wasting his time. He probably has work, who am I kidding, he definitely does since he is a grown man, but his answer is always the same, his work is to be by my side. Damn, he can make me blush like mad.

I still find it confusing the way that he said that I am his girlfriend to the nurse. Don't get me wrong, he is extremely sweet, but I just feel like something is not right. Even though I lost my memory, I still feel like something is wrong or that something is missing. The other day I tried to kiss him, but he pulled back. He apologised and said how he would want us to kiss when my memory comes back along with some other sweet things to cover up the harsh reason why he does not want to kiss me. I am going, to be honest, I understood him... In a way, but I did feel slightly hurt.

Anyways...

I can't wait to get my memory back.

I can't wait to remember the day we first met, I can't wait to remember if it was in a park, or in a cafe... I just wish that the place was somewhere romantic.

I can't wait to see him again today. Every time I see him I feel a wave of euphoria wash over me like a tide. I just appreciate his presence when he is around me.

I just can't wait. Not a single day passes by without us laughing. We talk, then laugh, joke, then laugh, play some board games and then laugh. I feel so glad that I know someone like Chris and to have someone like Chris in my life.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the door opening. I look towards the open door as my excitement rises.

My smile widens when I see who it is at the door. Chris.

He looks so handsome. He is wearing a patterned shirt, unbuttoned, exposing his grey t-shirt. To cover his shirt is a dark brown, leather jacket. His legs are wrapped by a pair of denim blue jeans and a very nice pair of sneakers on his feet. His dark brown hair is very nicely combed to the left. His eyes are cloaked by his black shades while a short stubble stretched across his cheeks, jaw, chin and around his mouth. He takes off his shades before his green eyes looked straight into mine.

The feeling of him looking into me feels so foreign but at the same time, it feels so familiar.

"How is my beautiful girl doing?"

His voice caused thousands of sparks to erupt in my heart.

But before I could answer him, his voice sends grace to my ears once again.

"By the way, I bought you a bouquet, roses to be precise, and I also bought you your favourite, 'Strawberry-Choco-chino' (note IRL - I am not sure if this drink is a real thing... But still... sounds delish...).".

I watch him approaching me. I am amazed.

"H-how did... I don't remember telling you that...". I just then realize what came out of my mouth.

"I will assume we had a date at Starbuck and that is how you know..." I add as I look at him sit down on the chair beside my bed.

He lets out a sad sigh, looking down at the ground. This is something he always does. I always ask him if he is alright if he wants to tell me what it is. He always says no and how there is no need for me to stress about his problems, but that causes me to become even more scared. The thoughts of what he is hiding from me just keep on twirling around my head and they are not good. I am fearing that he is hiding something life-threatening from me.

"Are you okay?..." I ask him, placing my hand on top of his.

It takes a few seconds before his eyes meet mine, he forces a smile.

"Yea... Yes, I am fine. In fact, being with you makes me feel even better..."

Damn it!... I blush again...

I can hear him chuckle as he is looking at me.

"Something funny?..." I ask him, playfully, raising an eyebrow.

His chuckles die out as his eyes head down to the floor again.

"Hey...".

He does not move.

"Please, look at me... Chris?..."

He still does not move.

I move closer to him before putting a finger on his chin. I can feel his reaction to my touch. It seemed like a fright, it was so cute to me, but I gently raise his chin with my finger, causing his head to tilt up as a result. I stop when his eyes meet mine.

"Tell me... Please, tell me..." I beg.

He does not answer.

"It pains me to see you hurt, Chris. I want to help you, I want to be by your side, I want to help you, just like you help me...".

I take a short pause

"I want you to know that I am here for you like you are for me, Chris... Please... Tell me, " I add, I entreat. I want to help him.

He takes in a deep breath before speaking.

"Does the name 'Brenden' sound familiar to you?".