Part 10

Natalie Ross

We eventually were able to finish planning out our day of the week. We had a lunch activity and a game over the announcements.

It took only about the first 25 minutes of class, so after that we decided to do some get to know you games with each other. We had all met before, minus Dylan, but we hadn't really got to know each other really well.

I was actually kind of excited. I wanted to know more about the others, mostly Cache.

We circled up in the classroom, sitting in various postions. I was sitting between Kodie and Dylan up on my desk.

"Alright. The first game we are going to play is two truths and a lie. I'm sure everyone knows how to play," Mrs. Tanner explained to us. Everyone nodded.

"Who wants to start?" She motioned to us.

One of the eigth graders, Penny, raised her hand. Mrs. Tanner pointed at her. "Alright. I have 6 siblings. I play the viola. And I love to play basketball, even though I'm not good at it," Penny said to us.

Everyone took a second to think about it. I wasn't even sure what it was. I put my guess on the siblings. After about a minute, we all said our guesses and then we were told.

"I most definitely do not have six siblings," Penny laughed. "That would be too much. I'm an only child."

Haha. I was correct. I smiled. We continued to go through the circle. Kodie went beside me, and then it was my turn. I was blank. I tried anyways.

"I have visited 5 countries, not including America," I said coming up with something. "I have 2 relatives at this school, and one of my hobbies is writing," I told the class.

"We know she has at least one cousin here," said Macy, one of the 7th graders, who was in fact my cousin.

The class continued to think and they all made their guesses. "I hate writing," I told them. "But I enjoy design a lot," I said sitting down.

They all were surprised. They definitely thought that the countries was a lie, but it wasn't.

"Wait, what counties then?" Mrs. Tanner asked.

"Mexico, Spain, France, England, and Italy," I stated.

"Oh wow," Mason said.

"Yeah," I said looking away. "They're all really cool places."

Dylan took that as his opportunity to go. He may have been new to all of us, but he was probably the least shy one. He was super out going.

"I am colorblind, I love drawing, and I hate chocolate," Dylan told us is a quick breath.

I thought about it. He was in my math class, and I had seen his notebook, the drawing was definitely a truth. But I couldn't decide between the other two. I ended up going with colorblind.

Everyone took their guesses. "I love chocolate. Like I probably couldn't live without it," Dylan laughed.

"Wait," Tysen said, "you're colorblind then."

"Yup. Also pretty much regular blind," Dylan chuckled tapping the rim of his glasses.

"Tough luck," Bridgette remarked.

The circle continued, going through Remi, Dezzi, Mason, Bridgette, Hazel, Macy, Amy, and  Samantha.

Then it was Cache's turn.

So yeah pretty short. I would have made it longer, but I didn't want to have the annoying amount of detail, and I wanted the next part to be in Cache's POV.