Part 18

Natalie Ross

I shut the door behind Cache and took a deep breath. That was wild.

I had a great time and was glad she came over, but I was a little on edge through it. Not in a bad way but I still had traces of the school's famous girl actually being friends with me thing going on.

I stared at the door for a minute before my sister coughed behind me.

"What was that?" She asked me putting her hands on her hips.

I felt my face go red. "What are you talking about?"

"You just had the girl you can't stop talking about over at our house for two hours!" She smart mouthed. "Did you at least kiss her?" She followed up with a smirk.

"Stacey!" I shrieked. "No! Cache is just a friend. How many times do I have to say this?"

She put her hands up defensively. "I'm just pointing out what I see."

"I'm choosing to ignore you," I tossed my hair and sassily walked back to my room.

I pulled out my homework that I obviously hadn't done. Something about the population density or something.

I was about an hour into it when my mom got home and knocked on my door.

"Come in," I called.

She opened the door and walked in.

"How was your afternoon with Cache?" She asked me raising her eyebrows.

"It was good," I replied flatly, not looking up from my homework.

"I trust you didn't do anything you're not supposed to."

I whipped my head up. "Mom!" I exclaimed. "What is it with all of you and this thing with Cache. We are friends and that's the end of that."

"Alright then," she said retreating from the doorway. "But when it happens I am going to rub it in your face."

I grunt laughed and turned back to my homework. My mom left and shut the door behind her.

I looked around my room at the pictures I had. There was one of me and Mackenzie after one of her games when we were in 2nd grade.

Crap, I thought to myself. Cache is going to the game tomorrow.

I threw my head back and took a deep breath in. My thoughts went back to the day I made the promise not to have feelings.

Right now I was doing ok, but if everyone around me kept this up I was going to lose it.

I finished my homework and decided I needed a distraction.

I went down into our basement, turned on my playlist, and then hit off a tee for an hour.

When I finally finished I went upstairs and played on my bed. I stared at the ceiling and my thoughts slid right back to Cache.

I had invited her to the game tomorrow and I really had no idea what to do.

I continued to ponder about it, but I was still blank. Finally I just decided to forget it.

About five minutes later, my mom called me to dinner, and I went. Dinner consisted of the same questions from my dad, which was annoying.

We went about the rest of our nights and then went to bed.

A/N. That's was really badly written, but I don't want to draw it out. Enjoy the following.