Part 20

Natalie Ross

New Message:
From: Cache L.

Hey are we meeting before the game or there or something else?

Meet at my house at 6 o'clock

What! That's like an hour early

Haha you'll see

I checked my time.
4:53

Henry, Micah, Mackenzie, Bree, and Cole were going to be here at 6 too. However we all knew that tonight it would just be me, Cache, and Henry. The others would be "heading to the snack shack" by 2nd quarter.

Both couples are normally pretty chill but the football games were without adults and most the high actual high schoolers did it anyways. They do didn't do anything besides kiss anyways.

Thinking about it causes a nagging in the back of my head. I'm going to be at a football game with Cache...

In all honesty the idea was not horrible to me. But I knew she probably didn't like me back and that I needed to get over this little crush before it came back to bite me.

Despite my efforts my thoughts still managed to float to Cache. I thought about what it would actually be like to be with her. She was so sweet but fun.

My thoughts were interupped by a knock at my front door. I ran down the hall and opened it.

Cache was standing there. It was only about 5:30. She had a case in her hand.

"You're early," I smiled.

She looked at the ground. "Uh yeah, I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not," I smiled again. "Come in. You don't have to just stand there."

She sheepishly came inside. Her eyes were darting around, but not looking at me. She held the case in her hand close to her body.

She looked like she was all about to break down and cry. As if she had the weight of the world on her shoulders and she couldn't feel her surroundings.

We went into my room and I sat on my bed. She still stood in the middle of the room holding her case. She was still really tense.

I stood up and walked over to her. "Hey what's up? You haven't said much and you don't look to hot."

She looked up at me for just a second, then back down. "Uh- yeah. I'm fine."

"Alright," I said with a small smile and put my arm around her for a second.

She took a breath. "Um actually. I wanna show you something," she said almost inaudibly.

She pulled one of her ukuleles out of her case and tuned it really fast. She looked up at me nervously and back down at the strings.

I sat down on the floor in front of her. I was pretty confused but still watched her.

She started to play a song, and she it sounded extremely good. Then she began to sing.

People fall in love in mysterious ways.
Maybe just the touch of a hand.
Well me I fall in love with you every single day.
And I just want to tell you why I,

So honey now,
Take me into your loving arms,
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars,
Place your head on my beating heart,
I'm thinking out loud,
And maybe we found love right where we are.

(AN. Not my song. It's Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran)

She looked up again. Her eyes were watery. "I uh-, I'm not good with words. That's the best I can do to um- show my feelings. I hope you got it. If not I can try to word it," she said, her voice raising in panic toward the end.