Chapter Fourteen: Justin/Birmingham

Lea POV

So it's been about a month since I first had lunch with Justin and we've been keeping in contact ever since. We've kept things on a mostly friendly level. We both are obviously still attracted to each other and I know I definitely have feelings. But even though we both know that, I've been completely committed to being alone. He says he gets it and has been nothing but respectful about my feelings.

But I said mostly because we still flirt here and there. I know we kissed already, but that was it was a one time thing. I still see Shany for my "needs." And because of that that damn Shany has been desperately trying to have a threesome. But since there are deeper feelings for Justin involved, I gave a definitive no.

I keep telling myself I don't want sex to interfere with anything Justin and I have right now. So we just do simple things like hang out and talk or go to the movies or go for walks. But he's quickly becoming the person I'm closest to. We talk everyday and he's being extremely patient and understanding. Which I appreciate whole lot.

But today he asked if was up to meeting his daughter. I nervously said yes and we decide meet up his apartment. When I see her I see she's small for 5 months but he said she was a month premature. She's a beautiful little girl and she looks just like him. Skin color and even his nose and mouth. I go to grab her little hand and she grabs my finger and smiles. I see how people get baby fever now.

"Justin, she's beautiful.", I tell him. He smiles big. "Yeah she fortunately looks like her mom.", he says modestly. "She has your eyes, nose and mouth, Justin. She looks just like you.", I say in disagreement. He smiles again and playfully asks, "So are you saying I'm beautiful, Lea?" I know Im flushed now.

I roll my eyes. "You aight.", I joke. "But Kaya, now she's gorgeous.", I say. "She likes you.", he says as he caresses her cheek. "She doesn't even smile like this for daddy and she's a daddy's girl.", he says looking at her lovingly. I love seeing this side to him. You can definitely see how much love he loves this little girl.

"She's lucky. I can tell you love her so much.", I say. He slightly chuckles. "I do, but I'm definitely the lucky one.", he replies. "I'm glad you invited me to meet her. I know you only get so much time with her.", I tell him. He picks her up rocks her a little before handing her over to me.

"She's the most important person in the world to me. Why wouldn't I want her to meet another important person to me?", he asks. He smiles softly. It's such a sincere sweet smile. I have to turn and walk away. Between our past, this past month and today, he's definitely making me want to end this no relationship thing, I'm on.

I mean he always makes me feel special but come on now. She looks at me and smiles again. I walk back over to Justin and I ask, "What are doing later tonight?" I grin as he looks at down at Kaya. "I have to get her back to her mom, then nothing.", he says. "Let me make you dinner then.", I suggest.

He chuckles and gets a nervous look on his face. "You cook?", he asks with a smirk. "Yes. Why are you shocked?", I ask. He shakes his head. "I guess I never saw you as a cooking type. But  what I'm REALLY shocked by is you haven't gotten a text from Shany, yet and that you're still free for the night.", he replies. Now he has a jealous look.

It is surprising not to hear from her. I'm definitely not mad, though. I need a break here and there. But I'm also caught off guard by his jealous look. He's been nothing but chill with this whole situation. This is the first time I've seen any signs of jealousy or him being uncomfortable. I debate quickly on whether to talk about it or not. I decide to wait. "So is that a yes?", I ask instead. He kisses her forehead and says, "It's a maybe", he says with a smirk.