Chapter Thirteen: No Place like Home/Hands

Maria POV

It's now the weekend after thanksgiving and we're still in Miami with my family. My dad was insistent on us staying longer. He and Javi are so close already and I love seeing that. I mean Thanksgiving went way better than I ever could've imagined.

My parents seem to adore Tay and she fits in perfectly with my family. My mom especially loves her. "Tay we are gonna have to feed you while you're here. You're nothing but skin and bones.", my mom tells her. "Maria, why haven't you been feeding her?", my mother then asks me.

"Yeah why don't you feed me, Maria?", she jokes. So I respond, "Tay you eat plenty, stop trying to start stuff." I look at her and she quickly bites her lip and gives me perverted look. Damn she's too sexy. I quickly turn to look at my mom. "Mamí, Tay está mintiendo(Tay is lying)I feed her all the time.", I say.

I look back at Tay and that look is gone it's replaced with a smirk. But I know her and she definitely wants something to eat right now. I clinch my jaw because that look she had has me wanting to sneak off and give her a whole buffet. She walks up behind me and whispers, "In 20 minutes, bathroom?" I instantly know what she's saying.

She wants to meet up in the bathroom in 20 min. So I turn and whisper back, "No...gimme five." Now I got her clinching her jaws. True to my word, 5 minutes later I find myself saying, "Un minutó mamí, I need to steal Tay away for a sec." I'm able to sneak her away to the bathroom in the basement.

"We gotta hurry", I say as I unbutton her jeans. She stops my hands from moving and raises an eyebrow. "What?", I ask as she buttons back up her pants. "You're not having sex with me.", she says. She leans in and then whispers, "You gotta stop ." I smile innocently. "I'm not the one who suggested the bathroom." I'm just pointing out the obvious.

"I brought you in here to talk not fuck.", she says and chuckles. "Oh and maybe to kiss you. BUT no sex." Her look turns serious. "You're not getting me in trouble.", she says. "I like your family a lot and we're getting along. I'm not messing it up.", she adds.

"My family loves you more than me right now.", I say. She looks at me. "Don't you find that kind of odd.", she responds. I look at her confused. "You were extremely worried for a reason. I dunno I guess it just seems too easy.", she explains her reasoning.

"Tay are you saying that you don't believe they're cool with us being together?", I ask. "I'm asking you don't it seem a little too easy?", she asks. I look at the floor. She does have a point I guess. I just want to believe Tay is wrong. But something also isn't right with Tay thinking this.

What would give her this idea? "Tay is there something you're not saying?", I ask point blank. She now looks at the floor. "You didn't find it odd and or annoying how your mom kept calling me your friend yesterday, when she introduced me to her friends?", asked.

I didn't like it, but I looked past it. I guess I've just been so happy being around my family again I was willing to look past it. She looks at me. "Plus I overheard your parents talking. They just don't wanna lose you or Javi.", she says. "Plus side though they said if you're happy, they're happy." She gives a weak smile.

I can tell she still feels awkward and hurt. "Do you want to leave?", I ask. I love my family but Tay is my fiancée. I will put her feelings first. "No, of course not. I'm just telling you why I'm not going to do anything to destroy the way things have been going."

She smiles softly and then gives me a quick kiss. "See.", she says. "Just a kiss." She says with a smile. I smile back but now all I can think about is how my parents are pretending. She must see I'm now upset. She gives me a huge bear hug. She puts me down and nuzzles in my neck. "Te amo baby.", whispers. "I love you too Tay.", I whisper back.