2

Third POV

Calista remember that in the novel, Prince Axelion is rude and harsh on people. He's also foul-mouthed and prideful.

Even after he met the Heroine, nothing's changed. He's still like that, only he become quite gentler and really loves the Heroine.

"W-what... am I going to be killed because I just called him pathetic?" she thought nerveously. Calista clench her fist as she glare at him. "I'm not pathetic!" she denied it.

The Crown Prince look at her, "Not very pleased to be your Fiance." he smiled and handed his hand to shake hers. She hesitated but sigh. She hand out her hand to shake him. But he quickly pulled out his hand before she could shake it.

"Hey!" she protested while looking at him.

"Haha. It's fun teasing a dog." he chuckled while looking at her. "Despite her appearance.. her personality is far from that.." he thought while analysing her from head to toe.

She got embarrassed by his words. "I'm not a dog! You are!" she argued.

"Don't have high hope about becoming an Empress. Your qualifications don't match mine." he said spitefully. He walk towards her and patted her head.

"See you again, my good-for-nothing fiance." after that, he walk away leaving her behind.

.

.

.

"HE PISSED ME OFF! This is his first attitude when he met the Heroine!" she thought angrily. "He didn't even invite me for a tea! Or to eat sweets!"

Her fate to be the Fiance of the Crown Prince is predicted because she's a Duke's daughter. No.. She rather be a commoner..

-

The passing trees, the comfy couch, and a horse that shoulder the carriage. Calista is a little bit familiar by it. She sigh of boredom while looking outside through the window.

"So, how did it go with Prince Axelion?" her father asked with a smile.

One of many things she should be really grateful is that.. Calista parents are caring. They loved Calista more than anything.

And Calista's current mother is her step mother. Calista's biological mother never cared for her. She only loved fame and status. She always spends money on jewelries.

Then, the Duke, her father divorced her by force. And married to the one he loved.

Calista's step mother is caring and shower Calista with love. But Calista being the Villainess, she despised her. And never even once, called her 'mother'.

It's a relief for the current Calista to have a caring family. But sooner or later, she's going to meet her bad end.

"It's great." she replied with a smile. "And.. Mother." she called her mother as she run her head towards her.

Her father and mother widened their eyes in surprised because Calista never called the second wife the 'Mother' title.

"I'm sorry that I acted so bad towards you, I know you hated me. I promised I wouldn't do that again." she apologised while she lower her head.

Her mother smiled as she move beside Calista and hug her.

"...I would never hate you. You're my daughter and I love you so much. I'm so happy to heard the word 'mother' from your mouth." she said with tone full of warmness and love. Calista blushed warmly by it.

Thinking that maybe if Calista's step mother comes earlier before Calista turned 12, or she's just a little kid.. She might be the most nicest person..

Maybe if Calista is not the Villainess of the novel, she might be the best friend of the Heroine on the novel.

"Well... This just the world of a novel. Nothing can change it." she signed while thinking of it. "But, I'm Calista now. I'm going to survive through the end and makes my parents happy."

After Calista got executed, her family live in shame and disgrace. Even their status dropped severely.

Being Calista is really pitiful...

-

Calista is currently thinking how can she annul her engagement. She's stressed that she couldn't think of anything and the only way out is to be friendly with the Crown Prince and support him when he fell in love with the Heroine.

But she lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice her mother talked to her.

"I chose this dress for you to attend the Prince's 13th birthday!" her mother cheered while looking at her showing a beautiful dress.

But then, Calista eyes widened in realisation. "Don't tell me..!?" she asked suprised.

"Huh? Yes it is." her Mother smiled and answered it before she ask.

"I didn't even asked yet!" she said with widened eyes.

"It's also to announce your official engagement with the Crown Prince." Father explained and continue, "Don't worry Calista. No one will oppose."

Thinking what her father words was true, gives Calista the chills. Because the Tresor Dukedom is one of the most respected Dukedom. No one would dare to oppose.

"Well, if I'm a Baron's child maybe the Emperor will oppose it first." she thought nerveously.

-

The familiar garden, the luxurious building, Calista never thought that she would be at the Palace again that fast. And moreover, Prince Axelion is going to be her 'playmate'.

Axelion walk towards the garden to find Calista. He sigh as to why he would accompanying her. The moment he arrived, he see that Calista is sitting on the seat facing the table.

"He's really slow." Calista thought while eating the cookies that is present on her table. "Why would dad dragged me here?" she thought helplessly.

Axelion sigh once again as he walk towards her. Calista notice his presence as she look at him. Calista stood up from her seat. "Oh, greetings to the future path of Eclat Empire." she bowed politely and sit down as she start to eat again.

"You're really helpless huh." Axel said as he take a seat infront of her. He lean down his chin on his palm.

Calista decided to let this one slip as she sigh and take one of the sweets to the plate and give it to him. "Here." she smiled. "If I treat him nice enough maybe he wouldn't kill me." the thought of it makes her want to cry.

Axel look at the plate then at her. "Why would I eat this?" he asked as he look at her.

"Then let me eat it." Calista said as she pull the plate away from him. "I never said I wouldn't eat it." he sigh as he pull the plate from her and start to eat it.

"Now that I think about it..." Calista look at Axelion. "In the novel, Prince Axelion mother passed away when he was 7 years old. Her mother was very strict on him and never gives him a warm attention.." she look down, avoiding eyes contact with him. "No one ever give him a warm attention such as a mother would do. That's why when the Heroine take care of him, he fell for her and love her more than his life." she clench her hands on her dress. Thinking about all that, Calista almost cry as she remember his past.

"As I remembers.. all of the characters have at least... a sad past. Even for Calista.. she's also a human.. she must've been hurt as well..."