14

Brandon POV

I've always been bashful.

"M-me!? Being a royal knight!?" I asked to this person who claimed himself the Crown Prince of this Empire. He narrowed his eyes towards me and sigh.

"Yeah." he replied nonchalantly.

"Of course not! I don't know about manners, forget about being a royal knight." I spat implying the truth.

This guy always walk anywhere proudly with his head being held high that makes me pissed, always thinking low about us, commoners.

"I want you because you.." he started as he look at me. "..have the talent to be a swordsman." he scratch the back of his head. "I trust you. Maybe they would be many hindrance or something that will bothers you, but I still want you. You can be a great knight." He explained as my eyes widened. "And, you'll only work for me. So don't worry about obeying someone else until I ordered you to." he sighed.

That time, my instinct is somewhere else. I don't know why, but I decided to follow him. Thinking that maybe my future could change as I don't have anyone anymore. That's a story when I was 13 years old.

It's true I've been training sword since I was little because I loved it. But I didn't expect that it would go like this, becoming a royal knight.

-

"What?" I asked as silence filled the room. His statement is really shocking that I want to kill him.

"Be my fiancee's personal guard." he said casually as I clench my fist.

"Hey!" I walk towards him as I pull his collar. "Don't you remember that I don't have manners!? It's even hard for me to follow you!" I said to him roughly because he said that I can speak as I wish with him. And I comfortably did.

"...This is an order." he commanded as I let go of him and crossed my arms.

"Yeah, but she's a 'Lady'. She needs someone who is polite as her personal guard." I rolled my eyes implying the truth.

"No..." he started. "Well, it's true that she's a Lady. But she's not the noble girls type." he chuckled as I look at him questioningly. "She's more of a carefree person. Maybe she'll ask you to be casual with her." he explained with a playful smile.

I raise my eyebrow while thinking of that kind of Lady really exist.

"I'm afraid that you lied." I glared him since he's a little suspicious.

"Agree to it first." he glared me back as I sigh in defeat.

"Yeah, yeah. Fine."

-

Bit, by bit, the residence of the Tresor Dukedom appear on sight. It was big and luxurious that my jaw dropped multiple times. Axel said that I should greet her and get to know her since I'm going to be her personal guard. I'm a bit nervous since its my first time in a society like this.

He said that her name is Calista Tresor. The only daughter of the Tresor Dukedom and the Axel's fiancee. Well, he said that they were engaged since 12 years old or so?

Well, I'm just standing here while waiting her. I'm quite nervous about how to greet her or something like that.

Hearing footsteps that seems closer and closer, I tensed up. The door opened to reveal a beautiful lady and a maid follow behind her. I was fascinated.

While thinking of useless thoughts, I quickly shakes it off and greet her as I bow. "G-good day Milady! My name is Brandon. Prince Axelion send me to escort you!" I said nerveously while looking at the ground since I'm technically bowing. I'm really nervous of what she would said...

"You can lift your head." her soft voice said. I lift my head as I look at her smiling at me.

Silence filled the room. I keep silent and feels awkward the the moment. But the lady breaks it.

"Can I call you Brandon!?" she asked with a wide smile.

I widened my eyes while thinking g if it's really alright. "Y-yes! Of course Lady Tresor!" I bowed as she chuckled.

"You can call me Calista." she smiled at me as my eyes widened.

"Y-yes.. Lady Calista." I blushed a bit while looking at her. I'm ashamed that I'm easily flattered.

"Then, let's go shall we?" she smiled as I nodded.

From that moment on, I know that serving her would be wonderful. Since I never get along with girls around my age because of my rough behaviour. But this time I think it would be alright.

-

Third POV [Current Time]

Brandon's eyes widened as soon as he look at his new room at the Dukedom on the knight's headquarters. It's comfortable and they had a blue theme colour. He quickly hop on the bed and feel the fluffiness.

"Wow.. the knights room is really comfortable.." he said happily and laugh. "Still.. I can't believe we're calling the proud Crown Prince of this Empire just by his nickname. And even calling his fiancee only with Lady Calista! Not Lady Tresor! The others will surely get jealous! I heard that using last name on nobles is even more polite!" he thought while looking at the ceiling.

-

Calista open her eyes as she look at the ceiling. She can't sleep and literally tried to. She sigh and she flop to the right side. "I don't give the handcrief yet considering that we had a fight today." she thought on the verge of tears that she feels really guilty about it.

Then, she heard a knock on her balcony as her face lit up thinking it might be Axel. She quickly hopped off from her bed and run towards the balcony. As she open the door, unfamiliar figure standing infront of her.

"....um... who are you?" Calista asked with an awkward smile. Calista observe him that he wears the royal knight uniform. "Hm... I've never see him before." she thought while looking at him head to toe. "Royal knights uniform... seems young... never see him... Yep! It's one of the five mysterious knights that Axel bought here."

"...are you.. Calista Tresor?" he asked silently while looking at her. His expression seems tired and he sounds lazy enough to Calista's ear.

Calista smiled. "Yes. That's me!" she cheerfully pointed at herself.

Then, he take out a letter as he handed it to her. Calista take the letter from him and notice that letter had a royal seal. She quickly smile knowing that the letter is from Axel.

Before the guy went his ways, Calista grabbed his arm making him widened his eyes in confusion. "Thank you for the letter!" Calista thanked him with a wide smile.

"I..." before he could even started, Brandon suddenly appears as he tries to hit him but he dodge.

"Fuck! Who the hell-" Brandon widened his eyes the moment he realize the person. "Oliver!?" he whispered yelled while looking at him questioningly.

"...so loud.." Oliver said casually while looking at Brandon.

"What the heck are you doing at Lady Calista's room in the middle of the night!? I thought you were a trespasser!" he whispered yelled again while Oliver covering his ears.

"...I'm sending a letter for her from his highness." he answered calmly as Calista look at them both, dumbfounded.

"Are you one of Axel's knights as well?" Calista asked him as he nodded. Calista smiled widely. "So your name is Oliver! I hope we could get along!" she cheered excitedly as Oliver look at her confusedly. "...Anyways... All of the knights that Axel bought here are all dangerous! Oliver can easily sneak in like Axel and Brandon is the one who notice it because they come under the same master!? But none of my knights notice him trespassed!?" Calista thought nerveously. Calista look at Oliver as she touch hid hand. "...he's cold.." she thought while looking at him then smile.

"Want to have a warm cup of tea, Oliver and Brandon?" she look at the both of them with a smile.