EPILOUGE

Third POV

Edgar crossed his arms, grit his teeth and wait impatiently for Drake's answer. "So..!?" he asked, annoyed.

Drake scratch the back of his neck. "Can you at least drop your attitude in front of your mother?" he asked, slightly irritated, indicating that they're standing infront of Calista's portrait.

Edgar widen his eyes in realisation and glance at the picture of his late mother. His irritated glare and annoyance all gone as soon as he look at her face. "..I-I just wanted to know if she really commit suicide. Dad would start to ignore me or Ray like a plague if we started any conversation about my mother and you knew that very well." he explained, sigh escaped his mouth.

"Uncle Xander willingly to tell it but dad always keep his mouth shut."

Drake paused for a while as he look at Edgar. There's a hint of sadness and guilt plastered all over Drake's eyes. "...Just go back to your study." Drake said, completely obvious that he just changed the subject.

Edgar narrow his eyes at Drake irritatingly and start to run his hand through his hair roughly. "Seriously!? The fuck is wrong with you people!?" Edgar shouted angrily. "Is it a taboo to talk about my own mom or something!? I don't even have the slightest memories of her!"

That's right. She passed away when Edgar was only three months old after he was born and barely remember about her.

"...Can you just... accept her death like your younger twin brother?" Drake asked with a tired sigh.

Edgar frowned and crossed his arms. "I'm sure 100% that Ray also wanted to know about his own mother!"

"At least he could maintain his patience and act rationally unlike someone." Drake facepalm, getting tired of this conversation as he knew where this would go.

This isn't the first time he had this conversation with Edgar because Edgar always pushing him to answer his questions.

Edgar turned his head towards Calista picture. "...then, can you at least tell me one of her personality aside telling me that she... loves me....?" he asked desperately.

Drake sigh and think that at least he could say the characteristic of her a bit.

"Your mother was too forgiving. She was a kind Empress and she was smart as well intelligent managing the Empire. That's all."

Edgar frown at his answer. "...that's a fucking short answer." he cursed under his breath frustratingly.

"Mind your language." the familiar voice sends shiver down his spine as he turned his head to be greeted by none other than his own father, Emperor Axelion de Eclat.

His stare intimidates Edgar to no end, resulting Edgar to avoid eyes contact when he talks to his father.

"I don't want to hear you blabber as you please." he said while looking at Edgar as Edgar find his feet more interesting than to meet with his father's eyes.

Edgar nodded slightly as an answer.

The Emperor raised his eyebrow. "I can't hear your nodding." He said, indirectly telling Edgar to use verbal answers.

Edgar gulp as he lift his head to be greeted by his father violet cold eyes. "Y-yes." he replied briefly.

The Emperor sigh at his attitude but something more interesting catches his eyes and his eyes widen.

Yes.

The portrait of his late wife.

Empress Calista de Eclat. She smiled warmly towards anyone who look at the picture. She looked highly respectable and intelligent, but at the same time, she look caring and kind.