26

Third POV

Soon after that, Lady Tresor and the Crown Prince's Engament was annulled and spread through the whole Empire. Many aristocrats take this chance to let their son or daughter marry either Calista or Axel.

But the moment Axel announce his new Engament with Carla Darinne, every aristocrats targeted Calista to marry her to their son.

Of course, everyone would assumed all of this information is unpredictable and Axel's change of attitude confused them.

-

"She doesn't want to get out from her room?" Xander asked to Anne with a raised eyebrow as Anne sadly nodded.

Xander sigh as he burst into the room making Anne surprised. "Y-young Master Grimes!" she shouted to stop him but it didn't affect him as he walk towards Calista who is sitting hopelessly on the floor.

Xander look at her as he knelt down, matching the same height as her. "Good day, Calista." he greeted her with a light smile.

Calista lift her head to be greeted by his warm look. "..Xander...?"

"Yep, it's me." Xander said while pointing at himself. "So, did you get this depressed after Axel dump you?" he joked with a wide grin.

Calista's gaze directed downward. "...I don't know... what to do anymore..." she said hopelessly making Xander sigh.

"Show me your right fingers." he said making Calista look at him confusedly. "Just show it to me." he said as Calista nodded and handed out her right hand.

Xander sigh as he look at the ring on her ring finger. "If she's angry, she can just throw this stupid ring somewhere." he thought and look at her.

He suddenly pull out the ring from her finger making Calista's eyes widen.

"W-what are you doing...!?"

Xander stood up and look down at her. "Look at this, Calista." he said with a serious expression and throw the ring towards the window direction that is opened.

"A-are you crazy!?" Calista shouted crazily as she stood up and look at him with wide eyes.

Xander observe her for a moment and burst into laughter making Calista furrow her brows.

"I didn't really throw this ring." he said between laughter while showing the ring.

"It's just a fake act." he wink at her playfully as her jaw dropped.

"W-why did you do that!?"

"Axel is not the type to say 'I love you' to someone wholeheartedly and act as nice as he can around them." he explained while looking at her.

"B-but-" before Calista could finish her lines, Xander beat her to it.

"Trust me. Axel really loves you."

"........."

"So are you telling me he did all that bad things to you without a reason?" he asked with a sigh while looking at the confused Calista.