18

Third POV

Dark sky filled with bright stars. Peaceful silence and the fresh night air that surrounds Calista, everything makes her comfortable.

"M'lady! It's nighttime! You can get cold!" a familiar knight said worriedly while looking at her.

"...Thank you Drake." she smiled at him to show him her gratitude.

Drake is one of the 5 knights that Axel brought. He is tasked to be with Calista for a day because the others have problems and work they received from Axel. It seems these days everyone becomes busy.

"Do you like the stars?" he suddenly asked.

She paused for a while. Considering that she was brought here with a bright star, at night. Remembering her past life.

"Yes." she replied with a smile. 

"I like it too! It's so shiny!" Drake exclaimed with excitement. Seeing him only wearing his knight uniform, Calista share half of the blanket so they're cuddling together. "M-M'lady!?" he flushed with embarrassment.

"It's alright. Let's share. You're cold as well, right?" she smiled at him. He blushed deeply and nodded. "Drake." she called as Drake turned his head towards her. "Why did you follow Axel? Did you really want to become a knight?" she asked while looking at the dark sky that is filled with stars.

Drake widened his eyes as his eyes darken for a moment but he covered it quickly. "It's because Axel looks really strong! So I like him to train me and follow him!" he said excitedly as Calista give him a sad smile.

"I wonder why did he lied..." Calista thought while looking at him, knowing that he just lied. "From the five of them, everyone are unique and have their own characteristics and ability. I know that Oliver gives off the aura of the 2nd male lead, Lance gives off a violent nature but he's warm, Nathan is comfortable to be with from the start, and Brandon has a strong personality and speaks what on his mind. But Drake is kind of weird... He gives off warm aura and cheerful nature but..." she thought as she hug herself. "Everything he does seems fake."

"...Lady Calista?" Drake called as Calista widened her eyes as she shakes the negative thoughts off.

"Yes?"

"You'll become the future Empress right?" he asked making Calista smiled.

"It's not decided. Everything can change in a blink of an eye. Axel maybe will fell in love with someone." she laughed at the thought but slightly hurt. "When will he meet the Heroine I wonder... It's been days."

"But if you were to be the Empress, what would you do?" he asked.

"Well...." she started and gaze the sky. "I would like to make this Empire a better place for people. Not just in terms of power, but in terms of friendship and loyalty. There are a lot of people out there who is still starving because less of food, shivers from the cold, having problems getting work, and don't have a shelter." she explained as she lower her head. "I want to make a better place for them." she lift her head as she smiled at him. "Being a Duke's daughter and have everything from the day I was born, I couldn't be more grateful." she said with a warm smile.

Drake look at her with wide eyes and avoid eyes contact. " 'People wouldn't believe you if all you just do was talk.' That's why most people said." Drake said implying the truth. "What if the things you said was really just a talk? That's what every nobles do."

Calais give him a wide smile. "That's why I'm starting to build a free apartment!" she winked at him.

"Apart Tent?"

"No, no. It's Apartment!" she corrected him.

"What is that?" he asked confusedly as Calista smiled playfully and prepare herself to explain it for him.

"An apartment  is a place to live that is only part of a larger building. Usually it is a group of rooms on one floor of a highrise building in a city.... ah no, I mean Empire. Where land is too expensive for people to have separate houses." she explained proudly.

"Like an inn or hotel?" he asked as Calista nodded.

"I use my dad's money to build it! Whehehe." she scratch the back of her neck.

"...She didn't look like it but..." Drake look at her. "She's actually working hard for people in need."  he thought. "Then what about money? How can they get the money?"

"Ah! I decided to open a few small cafes in different Kingdoms. So they can work as waiter, cashier, or the chef!" she cheered. "That way...." she lower her head. "Maybe their life would get better." she smiled widely as Drake's eyes widened as he paused and smile afterwards.

After the long talk, Drake sigh tiredly as he walk around the knight headquarters and encounter Brandon.

"Oh! Hey Brandon!" Drake greeted him cheerfully. "Done with work?" he asked while looking at Brandon.

"Yo. I'm back. Yeah, work is done. You can go back to the palace. Or you want to stay for the night?" Brandon asked while looking at him.

"....I'll spend the night." Drake replied as Brandon nodded and look at him.

It was silence for a moment until Brandon decided to break it off. "Wanna drink?" he offered as Drake laughs. "I want alcohol." he said as Brandon sighs. "You're still 16."

"16 years old is a legal age for drinking in this Empire." Drake reasoned him.

"Makes sense." Brandon sighed in defeat. "Don't drink too much. I don't want you to throw up at me." Brandon teased as Drake laugh.

"That's my lines!"

-

In the morning, at the dining room, Calista's eyes widened in surprised by the information she get from her father.

"There's going to be a Celebration Party!?"

"Yes. The Crown Prince officially return from his training and they will hold a Celebration Party for him." her father explained.

"In other words..." Calista narrowed her eyes. "There's going to be a lots and lots of sweets!" she thought and almost drool by the thoughts making her parents look at her questioningly.