9

Third POV

Calista open her eyes and quickly sit up from her bed. "I have to find my bracelet!" she panicked.

After she finished preparing for herself, she started to search for it like... everywhere. "I should've just put it inside a box!" she said to herself while regretting the times.

Along her way, she met Xander. She run towards him.

"Sir Grimes, did you see a golden bracelet!?" she asked worriedly as Xander look at her.

"I'm surprised that you just notice it." he smirked as he take something out from his pocket and show her a golden bracelet. "This, right?" he asked with a broad grin while showing her the bracelet.

"Yes! It's mine! Can you give it to me!??" she asked hopefully.

"Sure." Xander smiled at her as Calista sigh in relieve.

"Thank goodness." she look at him and handed out her hand for him to give it to her.

"...I never said that it's going to be this easy." he smirked as Calista widened her eyes.

"Huh?" she asked confusedly. "Really now!?" she thought. "Then what do you want?" Calista asked as Xander smiled. He pulled her hand and lead themselves to somewhere.

"Sir Grimes!?" she asked confusedly. "Where are you taking me!??" she panicked. Then he leads both of them to the cafeteria.

"Here." he let her sit and he sit in front of her.

Xander turned his head to the chef. "Bring all the sweets you have." Xander smiled at him.

"Yes Sir!"

After all of the sweets arrived, Calista started to eat happily without a care in the world. Maybe she forgot what is her purpose.

"Delicious~" she keep eating while Xander only look at her straightly, not even trying to hide that he's looking at her.

"You don't want to eat?" she asked while looking at him.

"Maybe later." he shrugged casually as she continue to eat.

"Hey Calista." he called as she look at him.

"Yes?"

"You clearly saw me likes to bother other students right?" he asked with a bored expression.

"Yes..?" she answered sounding more like a question.

"Don't you feel bothered by that?" he asked again with a frown.

"Why should I?" she asked back while eating and he widened his eyes.

"But everyone said that bullying is really bad." he grin with amusment.

He approached her just because he was curious. Nothing more than that. He want to see the future Empress of this Empire.

"I wonder what is her answer.. I'm sure she'll-" before Xander could finish his thoughts Calista beat him to it.

"So you indirectly telling me to stop you?" she asked casually as his eyes widened in surprised. He laugh a little as he was always fascinated by her.

"It's really comfortable being by her side. It's enjoyable. Her presence is pleasant enough." he thought happily. "Haha.." he chuckled.

"What?" Calista asked confusedly.

"You really are different." he said with a wide smile. "Having you as the Empress, this place would be more wonderful Empire."

"Huh!???" she asked confusedly.

Xander smiled and take the bracelet from his pocket. "I'll take this for myself, alright?" he smiled.

"What!? You can't! It's from Axel!" she argued. "But if you see it more closely, it's already broken." Xander smiled at her. "It's not worth that much."

"It's worth it!" Xander eyes widened. "Axel gave me that on my birthday! Give it back!" Calista's eyes were a little irritated.

Xander sigh in defeat as he handed her the bracelet. "It's better to be hated by her." he thought helplessly as Calista received her bracelet.

She smiled widely. "Thank you!" she thanked him as he blushed warmly.

For Xander, it's unheard of that he care for another person. Unlike his father and mother who was never satisfied with his achievements, Calista always appreciate little things he do and he's happy with that. Like he thought, her presence is comfortable.

-

Calista jump on her bed and sigh of relief. She take a look at her bracelet and blushed warmly.

"I'm glad I found it. Or Axel will scold me." she laughed at the thoughts.

For her who is the Villainess of the story, she also had her own struggles. Making her to think her death everyday by the hand of Axel is unthinkable.

"I wonder if I can survive.." she smiled playfully. "Well, at least I tried!"

-

Xander walked towards his class.

"Yo Xander!" Vincent cling his hand around his neck.

"Get off me or I'll kill you." Xander said and trying to escape his grip.

"You're so shy!!! Your face is red all over! What happened!?" he asked with a wide smile as Xander blushed more, remembering Calista's words.

"Well, I'm sure you'll be a great Duke as well. Because we're connected." she smiled at him.

Xander get off Vincent's grip with his red face. "Her words are sweeter than anything I've heard..... So embarrassing." he thought. It's been a while since he felt this weird just by looking at her.

-

The next day, Vincent is waiting infront of Calista's class.

"Brother?" Aliza called him as Vincent turned his head to see Aliza.

"Oh, hey Liz." he smiled as he greeted her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked confusedly.

"Of course I'm waiting for Calista." he smiled.

"Same." Xander suddenly said making the two of them surprised.

"When the heck did you get here????" Vincent asked.

"That is not proper of you." Aliza glared him because of his attitude.

"Now, now. Don't be like that." Vincent raise his hand in defeat as Aliza frowned at his sight.

"Hello everyone!" Calista greeted them.

Vincent blushed a little, Xander blushed warmly at her sight, and Aliza smiled happily.

"Let's go!" Calista smiled widely.

"Where are we going?" Xander asked.

"To the library right? We have to finish our homework." Calista replied.

"Boring." Vincent said bluntly.

"You don't have to come, Vincent." Calista said to Vincent with a smile.

"Huh?"

"You already submitted the project." she explained.

"Yeah. Get lost." Xander smirked.

"I'll come. I can help you with it." Vincent said as he glared Xander.

"Alright." Calista smiled at him.