16

Third POV

The next day, Brandon couldn't watch over Calista because he has another work to do. So Axel sent another Royal Guard to guard her and he is one of the 5 person who Axel bought.

The Royal Guard name is Lance.

Calista picked all the flowers and turned around to face Lance. "Ta-da!" she cheered with a broad grin while looking at him. "Here, for you!" she said as she handed the flowers for him.

He receive it and look at her. "What is this for?" he asked bluntly while looking at her.

"Don't be like that." she pouted. "It's my special gift for a guy named Lance!" she said loud and clear. "It's your first time guarding me and I don't have any special gifts." she said awkwardly as she scratch her cheek.

Lance look at the flowers and look at her. "Thank you." he bowed politely.

"Geez, no need to thank me!!! You deserve it." she waved her hands around. She stopped as she look at him. "Lance, how old are you?" she asked curiously.

"17."

"Whoa!" Calista's eyes widened. "We're the same!" she said excitedly as she grab his hand. "Let's get along well, Lance!"

Lance blushed a bit and nodded at her statement. "....her hands are warm..." he thought while looking at his hand that Calista holds.

-

Lance walk back towards his room because Calista ordered him to rest and she's going to bath for a while. Lance look at the flowers he hold and place it on a vase and place it on his table. He sit on his bed and stare at the flowers for a while.

He remembers that the first time she met him was yesterday. Calista treated him very nicely since the first time they met. And Lance is quite happy about it as he can't stop to smile when he is alone.

On the other side, Calista sigh while leaning comfortably inside the bathtub. She look at the ceiling and close her eyes. "...I already met Brandon, Oliver, and Lance. There's only two left. But it's weird, Axel supposed to bought only Oliver in the novel and Oliver eventually became the second male lead. The novel never mention the other four." she sigh and open her eyes. "To be exact, they never existed. Why did Axel change his mind and bought another 4 guys?" she thought confusedly.

After she finished her beauty bath, she sees her mother sitting on the bed while looking at her.

"Mother?" she asked as she walk towards her.

"Hello dear." she smiled warmly.

Calista sit beside her as she waited for her mother to speak first but she didn't do it. "What are you doing here Mother?" Calista asked questioningly while looking at her.

"Well, I just feel a sudden urge to see my daughter." she gave Calista a side hug and patted Calista's back.

"...is that so." Calista smiled and lean her head on her mother's shoulder. "...Mother." she started as her mother starts to listen. "...If you fell in love with father but you're not the destined one, what will you do?" Calista asked while looking at her feet.

"Then I would ask your father's feeling. If we feel the same way, then that's our destiny." she replied as Calista widened her eyes.

Tears started to form in her eyes as she lower her head. She clench her fist and grit her teeth. "I'm afraid that... Axel would fell for the Heroine." she sighed. "At first I like him as a friend but..." she cover her face. "I didn't know it will turned out like this."

-

Calista's eyed widen in surprised as Lance give her a bouquet of flowers.

"..this...?" she received it and look at him questioningly.

Lance blushed a bit as he look at her. "...It's a gift." he replied sternly as Calista laugh at his reply.

"It's wonderful! Thank you Lance!" she thanked him with a wide smile. Lance give her a slight nod with a light smile.

"...what are you going to do today?" Lance asked shyly.

"I'll guard her for today." a familiar voice said as the two of them turned around to be greeted by Oliver.

"Oh! Oliver! Good day!" Calista greeted him with a wide smile. Oliver give her a slight bow. "Why are you here?" she asked confusedly by his sudden appearance.

"...His highness asked me to." he replied as Calista smiled.

"Alright then! It's fun that you're here! It's a little lonely." she smiled awkwardly. "Do you want macaroons?" she asked as Oliver's eyes lit up and nodded multiple times. Calista chuckle by his reactions.

-

The heavy atmosphere and the silence that filled the room makes Brandon gulp as he look at Axel that seems to be in a bad mood.

"...Recently," he started as Brandon flinch. "I've heard a news." Axel said and narrow his eyebrows. "That Baron Gohen was found in the middle of the road and almost died, if they were 2 minutes late, he would passed away. It looks like someone stabbed him." he explained as Brandon sweat drop. "...It was you, right?" he asked while looking at Brandon.

Brandon sigh in defeat. "It's me." he confessed. "But it's too bad that he didn't die." he said casually. "I think I lost my skill a little." he look at his hands.

Axel facepalm. "That's not what I mean smart-ass, I don't mind if you would walk around killing people, but now you're wearing a Royal Knight uniform. And Royal Knight only kills someone when their master ordered them to." he explained while looking at Brandon.

"I'm scared that he would be a threat to Lady Calista. So it's better to finish him off faster and sooner." Brandon reasoned him as Axel sigh.

"But he's still a noble." Axel frown. Then, Axel turned his head to another guy who is on his age, wearing the same royal knight uniform.

"Nathan." he called as Nathan turned his head towards Axel.

"Yes, your highness?"

"I want you to investigate someone."

"Someone?" he asked once again as Axel nodded.

"His actions been suspicious lately." Axel thought while looking at some papers.

-

Nathan walk around the Palace while enjoying every scenery he passed. When he want to turned around to the corner, he bumped into a familiar girl with blonde hair and violet eyes.

"I'm sorry!" Calista quickly apologised while looking at him.

Nathan blinked as he slightly bow. "No, I'm quite at fault here. I deeply apologised." he said politely making Calista blinked multiple times.

"Wait..." she narrowed her eyes. "Are you one of the 5 guys that Axel bought?" she suddenly asked making Nathan look at her questioningly.

"....pardon?" he asked questioningly.

"Ah! Did I get it wrong?" Calista scratch the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Y-yes. I'm one of the 5 that Price Axelion bought. Pleased to meet you, my name is Nathan." he introduced himself politely with a bow.

Calista bow as well. "Pleased to meet you, my name is Calista Tresor." Calista introduced herself.

After she introduced herself, Nathan's eyes widened. "S-she's..." he narrowed his eyes. "His highness's fiance!?" he thought while looking at her. "...She's sure is different. Brandon take a liking to her. I guess she's really a nice person." he thought while looking at her.

"So you are Nathan! I already met the 4 of you now!" she cheered happily with a wide smile as Nathan gulp and slightly nodded.