25

Third POV

Calista heard a knock on her door room. She ask whoever it is to come in. Anne walk towards the room and bow. "Milady." she started as Calista look at her. "...His highness is here to see you." she informed as Calista's eyes lit up.

"Axel is here!? Told him to wait for a moment!" she said excitedly with a broad grin as Anne smiled and nodded.

-

The workers open the door for her to be greeted by Axel. They close back the door to leave Axel and Calista to talk alone.

"What is it Axel?" Calista asked with a smile as she walk closer to him. Axel gaze is still directed downwards as he clench his fist and bit his bottom lip.

Calista notice that he's shaking a bit as she look at him worriedly. "Are you alright?" she raise her hand to touch his cheek but before she could touch it, Axel slap her hand away making Calista's eyes widen in surprised.

Axel lift his head as his eyes meet hers. Unlike before, his gaze are blank and disinterested. Similar of that he didn't look at anything nor looking at someone. "Calista Tresor." unlike the warm or playful voice he used to call her, this time sounds cold and distant. "I've come to personally..." he loose his clench fist. "Annul our engagement."

The moment he informed that, Calista's eyes went wide as she look at him. "..h-huh?" she trembled at his statement. "W-what are you saying...?"

Axel give her inappropriate laugh. "I just give you sickly sweet words and you believed all of it?" he asked with a raised eyebrow leaving the speechless Calista.

He walk passed her, giving her a side glance. "End of our conversation." after he said that, he exit the room, didn't bother to hear Calista's questions or concerns.

Calista still stood there, looking at practically nowhere. She get weak on her knees and fell on the ground as tears start to fall from her eyes. She knew that this was going to happen and yet...

She has a stupid hope that became her support.

-

Axel exit the room and clench his fist as his expression look painful as ever. Brandon look at him questioningly. "Did something happened?" he asked while looking at Axel.

Axel lift his head to look at Brandon. "Assemble the other four as well. Leave this mansion and go back to the palace. I have something to discuss." Axel said with a blank stare while looking at Brandon.

"T-THE LADY HAS FAINTED!" a maid shouted from the room making the workers around surprised and rush to see Calista.

"What!?" Brandon asked with wide eyes as he want to walk towards the room but was stopped by Axel. Brandon turned around as he face Axel. "What are you doing!? Lady Calista fainted!" he shouted desperately.

"I have something to discuss. Assemble all of them. Now." he demanded as Brandon's eyes widened.

But he shakes the thought off and pull his hand from Axel's grip. "Your fiancee fainted and you're just going to stood here doing nothing! I'm going!"

"She's not my fiancee anymore. Don't bother."

The moment Axel said that, Brandon look at him with wide eyes.

"...what?"

-

Calista open her eyes to be greeted by the familiar ceiling. Her eyes was red from all the sobbing and tears. She loose all her excitement and good mood for the day.

Tears start to stream down her face again as she cover her eyes with her hands. "I know that this would happen..." she let out a tired sigh and hugged the pillow tightly. "I'm the Villainess after all." she closed her eyes and let the dreams take her away once again.

For Calista who is usually getting troubles to sleep or get up quickly to start the day with excitement, today she doesn't have the energy to do so and only stayed in her room through the day.

-

"Y-you annulled the Engament...!?" Drake shouted with wide eyes follow by the others.

"Why?" Oliver asked while looking at Axel who is standing infront of them.

Axel sigh tiredly. "It's because I fell for another girl. I will annul my engagement with Calista in public. Brandon, you don't need to guide her anymore." he explained reasonably.

"I-it doesn't make any sense! Do you really want to leave her like that!?" Drake asked with bulging eyes, fully opposed Axel's ideas as Brandon nodded.

"Please give us a more rational reason, your highness." Nathan suggested, there's a hint of desperation in his eyes while looking at him. Oliver and Lance nodded at Nathan's statement.

"I just need all of you to shut up and follow my orders." Axel said with the tone that they never heard before.

Shiver run down through their spines as they gulp. They bow and nod at his statement. "It's because one of you five that I'm in this situation! Whoever you are, be it Brandon, Lance, Drake, Nathan, or Oliver, I won't forgive you...!" he thought as he clench his fist and grit his teeth in anger.

-

Axle sigh tiredly while looking at the stack of papers infront of him. He lean himself on the chair comfortable. Until then, he notice that tears start to stream down on his cheek. He close his eyes calmly, letting the tears stream down his face.

"In my past, I would only have regret for not loving my mother until she leave me to death."

"In my present, I spend so much happiness along the girl I love who is loud and annoying."

"Now that I think about it,"

"It would've been better if we never came across each other. Sometimes I wish that I won't fall for her so that she wouldn't have the deadly poison inside her body."

"But if I have to go through this for her to live a good life and gets the happiness she deserves, it would be more than worth."

"I should have taken her to the flower garden in Ellier's kingdom, it's so beautiful I'm sure she would love it."

"I should have taken her to the Lumiere Restaurant, it serves a variant of chocolates. I'm sure she'll buy them all."

"What if I confessed to her sooner and marry her after that?"

"I want to hold her hand, laugh together, and read together."

"I wonder if she hates me now?"

"Don't tell me she despise me now?"

He suddenly open his eyes and look at the shining moon through the window.

"...When did I start to fell in love with her?"

He stood up from his chair.

"Axel, here!" a familiar voice said with a wide smile while giving Axel flowers.

A piece of memory he remembered make his chest hurts.

"Ah... is it around that time... when she give me... those iris flowers?"

__________________________

Hey readers!

Who do you think is the traitor and what would the others do about it???

Fyi, This book is going to end soon about 5-6 chapters more, so I'm going to update daily, yeyyy!!!

Don't worry, right after this story, I'm going to publish a new historical reincarnation story!

Stay tuned!

💞Author