Eight

After that embrassing secne, I forbid myself to sit with my friends and decided to eat outside. No one noticed that I was gone, which was a good thing. But Newt was probably looking for me and probably heard about my bleeding incident. I ate bits and bits of my food, like I was taking my time. 

        I wonder what its like out in the Maze. Every time I look through the Maze, its a call for adventure. Likes it louring me into the Maze. My thoughts we're intreruppted when I saw Thomas walking towards me. 

        "Hey.." I say awkwardly. He smiled, "Newts looking for ya." Thomas says and I groaned. i nodded and stood up. "Where is he?" I asked. 

        "His by the homestead." He replied and I gave him a thank you andf left. 

        I walked towards the homestead to see Newt digging up a patch for a plant. I quickly fiddled with my fingers as meaning I was nearvous. 

        "Hi." I smiled.        

        "Hey, what happened? Chucka and Thomas were telling me that you were hurt." He asked as he layed downt he shovel to the ground.

        "Yeah, I didn't get hurt. It was erm girl stuff." I say, he then sighed. 

        "Thank god, I would've beat the crapped out of whoever hurt you." He joked, I nudged him lightly. "Ow." He complained. 

        I rolled my eyes and gave him a peck on the lips. "Aw look at these two shanks." 

        Me and Newt then pulled away to see Minho who had a disiving smirk on his face. "Shut up Minho." I say sticking out my toungue out. I then realized that I need to asked Minho something about being a runner. 

        "Minho can I talk to you?" I asked and he nodded. "Excuse me?" I asked turning around to ask Newt for approval and he nodded. I smiled ad gave him akiss on the cheek. 

        "So what did you want to ask me about?" Minho asked as we walked around the glade. 

        "Being a runner." I blurted out. He then stopped his tracks and looked at me. "Okay C'mon, I deserve to be a runner! I lived a night outside the maze and I out ran a shucking griever!" I reasoned. 

        "Actually you got stung by a griever." Minho says correcting me. I groaned. 

        "Thats not the point, You need a new runner. Think, more runners the better finding you're way out of this stupid glade." I sighed.

        Minho stayed silent for a bit until he nodded. "Okay, I'll see what I can do. You are so lucky you have a friend like me shank." Minho says patting my back.

        I beamed in excitement, I might actually be a runner! For once someone actually listened to me. I could prove them wrong, I could prove them that I deserve to be in this position rather than being Frypan's slave or being a Slicer. Disgusting! 

        Through out the whole walk I was excited, happy and nervous. How would I tell Newt about this? I know that his really protective and he has warned me about being a runner. This is going to be difficult. 

        I then layed down facing the ceiling. Hopefully Minho has good news for me tomorrow. 

____

        I was shaken up by cold hands and it immediately made me jump. "What te hell?" I whispered. I squinted to see Minho with shoes on his back. "What is this Minho?" I asked yawning. "Its so early."

        "I guess you don't want to run with me today?" Minho says. My eyes widened. 

        "Are you serious!? Alby agreed?" I asked jumping up. He then nodded and passed me new running shoes. Well not exactly new, its a tad a bit dirty but who cares!

        "Go get you're lunch from Frypan. Heres your official runner bag?" Minho says passing me a backpack, a small one.. 

        "Okay, thank you so much!" I cheered giving him a huge hug. 

        "Did you tell Newt yet?" He asked pulling away.

        I shook my head, "I'll let Alby explain it to him, and if anything happens after. I'll be responsible for it." I sighed, putting on the running shoes. 

        "Okay, see you infront of the Maze in five." Minho says running off. 

        I jogged towards Frypan, at least no one was awake. "Hey Frypan, came to get my lunch." I waved. 

        "Lucky you greenbean." He congratulated and handing me my food. I thanked him and ran towards Minho, until I saw Newt angrily walking towards me. 

        "What the hell Talia?!" He shouted. "Why didn't you tell me about this? Why do I have to hear this from Alby!" 

        "Newt listen I'll explai-"

        "No. Talia. Listen, if you get hurt out there, I will blame myself for not stopping you or convincing you that being a runner is a dangerous job. I need you, I haven't felt like this since forever. Okay, before you came I was in a rough patch. I tried killing myself for crist sake!" Newt shouted. 

        I stared at him, he tried to kill himself?

        "Newt, listen to me. I'll be okay, I'll be running with Minho okay. I'm happy that I make you feel like this, but we can't stay here. Someday we have to leave, and I want to continue my life with you, but not here. Okay?" I reasoned holding him by the shoulders. I gave him a short kiss on the lips. "I'll be back, you won't even realize I was gone." I smiled. 

        "Okay, I'm sorry." Newt sighes as he gave me a hug before I leave. 

        "I have to go, but I'll be okay, okay?"

        "Okay." (ehem TFIOS)        

        I gave him one last kiss one the cheeks and ran towards Minho, I glanced back to see Newt waving. I smiled. 

___

Yay, I went really emotional with Newts speech right there. So cuteeeeeeeeeeee. There will be more Thomas/Newt/Minho/Talia stuff happening in the tenth or ninth depends on my mood biut yash!

        Also I have a new fanfiction its a teen wolf fanfiction and its about Stiles. Hopefully you guys would read!

See you later shanks.