Thirteen

"I don't know why I'm participating." I grumbled as my aunt walked through a room filled with people, computers and lots of white coats.

         "You're one of the smartest people I've known, and I want you to know what we've been doing to improve this world." My aunt informed me. I sighed as we walked pass a few people.

         They gave me glances, but immediately looked back down as they saw me side by side with my aunt. 

                "What do you guys actually do?" I asked. 

        "We look for well minded young adults. We look for intelligent, courage and compassion. We think it could be a cure for the virus." She says sitting down in front of her computer.

           I sat down in front of her crossing my legs. "I though there wasn't any cure." I say confusingly. 

                "You we're mistaken, This proves that a new generation could be formed in just a few years." 

                "And why am I so important for this?"

               "Because you will be our helper, you will see the young adults vital forms, health, and emotions. You get to see what they've been up too and how they deal things in the Maze. We've already sent up a few people." She says as she typed something down. 

        "Maze? How will they find their way out?" I asked suddenly taking interest. 

        "Well only the bravest, wises come out of course." She say. 

        "Would you like to see the next victim?" 

        And I nodded. She smiled as she got up walking through a new room filled with water tanks and what it looks like kids my age we're in. 

        They all had names, but one caught my eye. 'The Glue.' I took a long look at this person. He was attractive and young.

        "What are these code names for?" I asked looking at my aunt. 

        "I wish I could tell you but you'll forget." She spoke. "Now c'mon." 

___

        My body shook due to reflexes. My mind was aching, legs we're numb, eyes sealed shut. My body wasn't functioning well and I didn't know why, but my upper body could feel rough patterns.

        The smell of burning candles lit my nose, and the sound of people talking, plates being put together, and voices near me. 

        I tried opening my eyes for a few times but nothing worked. I guess moving parts of my body was a good sign as someone spoke excitedly. 

        "She moved her fingers." Someone spoke. 

        "Doesn't mean anything. We need to more about whats happening to her than just her fingers moving." Someone sighed. 

        I wish I could try talk, but my throat felt dry. I gulped. 

        I should just give up and wait ti'll the time is right for me to wake up rather than just wasting my energy for nothing. 

        But what was what I supposed to do? Noises we're everywhere and I could tell those people to shut up. 

        I couldn't do anything but imagine the world I am in.

        Did my aunt put me here? 

        The last thing I could ever remember we're scientist around my body, poking and plopping down something inside my body.

        I guess this was a trigger as my eyes opened wide and I started to breathe heavily. I clutched onto my chest. It was burning, my heart was burning. 

        "Someone get her some water!" Someone shouted. 

        A handsome blonde boy shouted. Soon another boy comes in passing me a cup of water. I grabbed the cup and chugged down the liquid inside of it. 

        It was starting to cool down, but then my stomach was grumbling. "Shes hungry." The blonde boy shouted again, making the boy who brought me water running towards the door I guess to give me some food. 

        "Talia?" Someone asked as they plot down their hands on my shoulders.

        I then shook their hands off my shoulders. "What the hell? Who do you think you are?" I asked aggressively. 

        "Talia, it's okay." The man whispers.

        "How do you know my name? Who are you?" I asked questions coming out of my mouth. 

____

        THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LIKE 1K+ READS ON THIS STORY AND HOLY COW THIS SOTRY HAS IMPROVEN SO MUCH I'M SO HAPPY WITH THE FEEDBACK IM GETTING AND MESSAGES I'VE BEEN RECEIVING. I LOVE YOU ALL

        This is a whole new turn for Talia and I'm so exciteeed.. I've got so many things planned out and I'm sorry that this wasn't long enough. 

I love you though!