CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR. PARDON THIS SUBORDINATE FOR HIS RUDENESS.

Royal halo, an inherited innate ability of the royal lineage, like the name itself suggest was like a special power with the capacity to numb a person's whole being, rendering a person's bodily activities, halting them under the oppressive power of the royal halo, wielded by the royal family and their blood relatives. The intensity and the quality of this innate ability was limited to the blood relatives of the imperial family, with a limit of about two times usage in a month. However royalty with pure blood could forge this royal halo as a weapon, crafting their gifted innate ability into something totally different. In simple words, the royal halo was an explosive power that depended on the wielder's blood purity as well as their ability to master and control it.
This terrifying power was put in public display multiple times in all the battles between the protagonist and the villain of Satino, both wielding intense royal halo to knock out the weaker men of the opponent's armies like falling swords.

Not to mention, Zarad was infamous for his overwhelming royal halo, and his accurate control over it.

Wearing a silver armour, its lusturous surface clad in blood, all the nobleness of the beautiful armour was gone, replaced by a domineering intense dark aura, the sword in his hand, no different than his cruel and merciless eyes purged forward as he lunged towards his mutual enemy, knocking down those relatively weaker than him, his eyes nevertheless despite his ruthlessness had a bit of tint in them, that tint so well veiled that even he himself was not ready to believe, like a war god, like the reaper of his younger spouse, he moved forward to kill, closing his eyes and ears to everything, so he could only kill and kill until his blade would thrust into that man, whom he decided to hate despite not hating, he, like his reaper mother, became a slave for revenge...........
And opposite to him stood the son of the bastard he hated so much......the person he must kill.......(lines from the unifying good of satino book)

But now this very same guy was on top of Hitomu, a not-even-worth-mentioning cannon fodder in the very same book. What was even more unexpected was that the man was gazing down at him with eyes filled with infatuation.
Also........
No matter how a third person would look at them, two men drenching wet in water, dressed in thin clothes, with the one on top exposing half of his masculine chest, their wet clothes sticking to their flesh, making the clothes transparent, unable to hide the skin underneath, in close proximity, one would certainly misunderstand this situation depicting such an obscene position......

A momentary carelessness had led to Hitomu lying underneath someone for the first time ever, every muscle of his body refusing to move despite his attempts to free himself from this bind called the royal halo. Sure enough he had understimated the power of the halo as he was now living inside the real world of the book.
Ugh.....
The author had rightly described the royal halo as 'being unable to lift even a finger or even sweat despite the toll its power put on one's body, similar to like being weighed underneath the heaviest material ever except that the weight penetrated not only into your body but also into your energy, draining you powerless, like an insignificant ant.'
While thinking about these things Hitomu kept his eyes on the man on top of him. Zarad was aware of his eyes being on him but he did not stop his liberties from indulging into his own curiosities. He took hold of Hitomu's hands. Taking it into his palms he scrutinized it with deep interest.

These hands were the very same hands that wielded that particular day, wielding with such power and technique that he was overwhelmed up to his throat. He somehow knew these hands were going to be small but when he put his fingers over his own, they were even more tiny than he had imagined them to be.
Zarad's blue eyes slanted with more intensity, shimmering like shining pearls.

"Your hands are surprisingly so small and tiny....yet the power these short and small fingers held is enough to defeat a whole army by itself....never let them get hurt...."

Speaking so he moved his line of sight onto Hitomu's neck, then shoulders and down to his thighs. Staring at the burn marks he stretched his hands down to touch them carefully. As if fearing that too much pressure would harm this boy he caressed his burn marks very lightly, moving around as he explored the scarred part of Hitomu's body. When his hand began moving down his legs unintentionally the one being pressed underneath frowned his eyebrows, glaring through his restrained brown orbs.
Zarad noticed the expression on his face. As if realising he withdrew his hands from exploring down.

He chuckled. "How did you get these burn marks?" He couldn't help but ask him out of intense curiosity as he stared into them. But he did not get a reply. So he looked into Hitomu's eyes, closing the gap between them by a bit.

"I asked, how did you get these burn marks? They seem to be almost over eight years old..."

Hitomu rolled his eyes at him. As if sensing Zarad suddenly realised.

"Oh!" He said. Then he projected a strange translucent visible aura onto Hitomu's whole body, lifting the pressure off him just by a tiny little bit so that the latter could speak.

"Speak!" He demanded immediately.

Hitomu stared at him with calm eyes. He did not really mind telling him but he was in a bit of crisis at the moment. Good thing was that the man himself was still not aware of his own manifesting infatuation. He inwardly sighed. Closing his eyes he relaxed his whole body, secretly meditating as he circulated and reintroduced his body, focusing them to adapt the pressure on him. Luckily Zarad had lifted a tiny bit of his halo and this tiny bit of lifting could be used to his advantage.
Although the royal halo was powerful but who was he, eh? He was someone who had lived through so much more than just being a logic defying assassin.

Infatuation...right. infatuation....but how much of infatuation....lets find out.

The one waiting for his response finally got an answer. However his reply was not an answer to his question. Zarad raised an eyebrow in question as he heard him say...

"Please pardon this subordinate for his rudeness, your highness."

A/N: What do you think Hitomu's gonna do?😏
Ugh....😖😖the weather here in north east india is so wet and windy right now. Like i don't even feel like leaving the blanket. Its too cold and worst, the water is sooo cold tooo...moreover i actually caught a cold though i am almost over it. Like, i was planning to write this chapter two or three days ago but had to cancel it because of my cold. So yeah the next chapter will come by the day after tomorrow.
Oh and yeah, i am so happy people are reading my work.☺️☺️☺️ Like, my stories have finally found a place to live in and its here. So it makes me so damn happy knowing that they will live in here from now on.
💜💜💜💜💜 purple hearts for everyone including me.
Loving yourself is also important.💜

Good night

Good night.