26| Silent Conversations

Ibrahim's POV

I surprised gasp, as my father noticed. Wahaj remained silent as if she came here forcefully, with her eyes glued to the floor, willing herself not to look up at my face.

"Wahaj?" I spoke then, stepping one step nearer to her as I reached out to touch her face.

She looked up at me at that point, her eyes meeting mine and I sensed that we both could feel a jolt as our intense connection flaring out around us in that second our eyes held each other.

My fingers were just a few inches from her face when she jumped back and recoiled with horror.

"Ibrahim! Do you know this girl? Is what this man saying is true?" My father asked, his voice rising.

"Yes, I know her. I didn't know that man, but I know her. Perhaps we should all go into the study to discuss this...situation," I suggested, my eyes glued to her face, wondering why she didn't look up at me again as she returned to staring at the floor.

It wasn't like Wahaj to be so quiet. If it was possible, she looked even paler than before. Suddenly she snapped her head up and looked at me.

"Excuse me, where's the bathroom? I have to throw up!" she blurted out as she clasped her palm over her mouth.

Alarmed, he pointed to a door at the end of the foyer, next to the staircase and he watched as she sprinted into it.

Fifteen minutes later, a shaken and green-toned figure slowly walked out of the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

I had waited for her at the base of the staircase. I was intending to check how she was doing and what was going on here.

"Are you alright? Do you need some water or a napkin?" I asked in concern, letting my eyes examine her pale skin, the dark circles under her eyes and her shaking hands.

"No, I'm fine. Where's my grandma and Ayaaz?" she enquired, refusing to meet my gaze.

"What is going on, Wahaj ?" I asked in distress.

She refused to answer as she stood still, so I answered her question. "If you are referring to the caveman as Ayaaz, then they are in the study, his eyes probably shooting daggers at my parents. Shall we join them?" I asked.

"Yes," she nodded, eagerly as if she was unable to bear another moment alone with me.

"Okay, follow me," I indicated to her, longing to touch her arm to support her when she looked so weak, but she didn't seem like she would welcome any kind of contact from me whatsoever.

There was an uncomfortable silence in the study room as Wahaj, and I walked in. She hurried over to take a seat beside her grandmother on a leather sofa, while Ayaaz remained standing with his arms crossed defensively around his chest. I walked over to my parents, also seated down on a similar sofa opposite Wahaj and her grandmother. Nobody spoke for a moment until my father cleared his throat and started.