31| His Lies

Wahaj's POV

I walked out of the ladies room in a daze, letting the crowd's noises swirl around me as I stood still by the antique-looking wooden table. I looked around the dining room distractedly as my gaze resting for a few seconds on different people. They were scattered around the room. Ahmad, the mild, even-tempered brother I had grown fond of over the short period of time. Nermin, the woman who seemed to order everyone around to do what she wanted. I looked over to find the professor standing beside me now. Eman, nowhere to be found.

"I'm sorry," I said as I exited.

"You said that already." The professor responded with a relieving smile.

I turn my head to face him with worry in my tone. "And I could say it a thousand more times. I'm just so freaking sorry for everything."

"This is what we get for marrying the help," Nermin murmured in condemnation, but I could clearly hear her as I glanced at the professor's expression, he seemed to be tolerating her act.

Ahmad elbowed his mother, "What?! I didn't say anything offensive. This was the truth," She explained, "You are a professor, son, and you are married to some nobody,"

I left the professor hand that held into mine and proceeded to go to my room and relive my anger with praying instead of what I entered on doing which was to smash her head, a couple of minutes later, I see an unexpected figure entering.

I fisted my hands on my praying mat and tried to smile, "Nermin."

"Wahaj, there are multiple reasons why I disapprove of your marriage with my son," she said without looking at me.

She seemed forced to be here.

"Ok." I smiled politely as I moved from the praying mat into the chair beside the bed. I knew where this was going, and that by being as kind as I could be, she would get more pissed off.

"I wanted to talk to you."

I nodded for her to continue and smiled when her lip twitched. A sure sign I was starting to piss her off.

"leave my son!"

Ok. That surprised me.

"Excuse me?"

"He clearly believes that being married to you is somewhat rational, so you should be the one leave him for his own sake." She folded her hands and stared at me.

"I tried before I knew I was pregnant to have him divorce me, but he doesn't believe in it." I stared back while internally, I began to prepare for the fight.

She began to laugh, "Don't believe in divorce!" She explained further, "He got divorced just a year ago to that chamberlain girl,"