i am now

~~~~♛~~~~

The next morning at camp

Everyone was up extra early the next morning. Dutch called everyone involved in the rescue over to discuss a plan. Most of camp were helping with your rescue. Arthur, John, Charles, Javier, Bill, Lenny, Sean, and even Micah all wanted to make sure you got back safely.

"I'm assuming they are going back to the camp we found the Cornwall Train robbery information up in the Grizzlies. If we leave now, we can get their before them and attack as they come in. I don't think they would transport her in broad daylight." Dutch explained.

Everyone nodded their heads, not having anything else to add. They got the things they would need for the day and all got on their horses.

"Let's go, and make sure she gets back here safe." Dutch said riding off. The ride started silent, but a few conversation broke out.

"Why do they want to hurt her? Didn't they leave her in the first place?" Sean asked.

"She told them she killed Colm, they all look up to that snake of a man and want revenge." Dutch replied.

"But she didn't kill Colm." Sean spoke again.

Dutch rolled his eyes. "I'm very much aware of that" he said before silence took over the group again.

The ride was long, taking most of the day. When they arrived at the camp, Dutch told everyone where to hide until nightfall. "No one make a sound until I say to. We aren't messing this up." He said. Now all they could do was wait.

Reader POV

They day went slow with little interaction from the gang members. A little crack in the wall revealed that the sun was setting. Damiens words were still fresh in your mind. You had no idea what they were planning to do to you, but you figured it wasn't good.

The barn door started to open for the first time that entire day. Three men walked in. Without saying a word they untied your arms and started to drag you out of the barn.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" You yell as they continue to drag you. They say nothing. You look around to see the entire camp is packed up and everyone is waiting on their horses. They put you into a wagon, tying your hands to a wood beam inside. You had no idea where they were taking you. Once you were completely tied up, they started to leave. You hoped to see someone on your travels to ask for help, but there was no one. It was completely dark and you had no idea where you were headed.

You were full of anxiety, making the ride worse than it already was. You tired to focus on the gang. All you wanted was to be wrapped in Arthur's arms, standing around the fire chatting with everyone. You missed the sound of laughter from the gang members and the feeling of security. None of this would be happening if you would have let John go with you into camp.

At some point throughout the ride, you had fallen asleep. It didn't last long, as you woke when hitting a big bump. You tried to sit up and look around. You saw all the snow on the ground. You now knew exactly where they were taking you. They were taking you to the camp in the Grizzlies.

The sight of cabins in the distance made you aware of your arrival. Everything was silent, all that could be heard was the crushing snow beneath the wagon.

The wagon came to a stop, and someone came around to untie you. They pulled you out of the wagon, and began to drag you over to one of the cabins. You were half way there when you heard a yell. "Now!" The voice boomed.

Suddenly the camp was full of gun shots. The man holding on to your arm fell to the ground as he was shot in the head. You looked in horror before finding a rock to go hide behind. You had no clue what was going on. You looked around hoping to find somewhere safer to go. Your head turned to look behind you when you heard someone yell. "Y/n!"

John.

You looked at him in relief. "Take this!" He yelled before throwing you a revolver. You caught it and began shooting. You slowly started to see other gang members in the camp.

Javier, Sean, Charles, Lenny, Bill, Micah, Dutch, and.. Arthur.

You almost collapsed with relief, but John ran over and caught you. "Let's finish this y/n" he said before continuing to shoot. The gun fire slowly ceased and silence fell over the camp. You and John sat, breathing heavily. You suddenly shot up, looking for Arthur. Your eyes scan the camp but stop as soon as your gaze connects with his. A single tear falls from your eyes. Everyone else stays silent, watching from a distance. Before you can make out what's happening, Arthur runs over and scoops you into his arms. You sob into the side of his neck. He holds you tight, trying to comfort you. He slowly sets you down, looking into your eyes. "Are you okay?" He asks quietly.

"I am now." You say hugging him again. You slowly let go of him, and turn to hug John, thanking him for helping you. Slowly everyone starts to make their way over to you, greeting you and making sure your okay. Dutch walks over last. He looks at you saddened, seeing all the bruises on you. You reach up and hug him tightly. He slowly hugs you back.

As he let's go, he continues you look at you. "Why would you tell them you killed Colm?" He asked.

"Let's talk back at camp, I want to get away from here." You say with a slight smile. He nods.

With that, everyone gets on their horses and heads out. Arthur helps you on to the back of his horse. You place your face into his back and inhale. You've missed everything about this man. The warmth, his smell, everything. The ride was silent but comforting, knowing you were going home.