Prologue

"I Ryker of the Red Moon Pack, reject you Keira of the Lunar Pack as my mate."

Pain, like no other that she has ever felt seared through her body, crippling her, her body falling, her mind in utter chaos, how could her soul mate be so cold hearted and reject her.

She lay there, in a foetal position, staring as her mate walked away from her without a care in the world. Through her tear stained eyes and before she passed out from the pain, she saw a female outline in the distance, embracing her mate and laughing as they walked away. Leaving her broken soul alone in the woods.

Darkness finally consuming her...

Cold and cramping, Keira moaned, trying to move to alleviate the pain that was coursing through her body, only to realise that she couldn't move her arms and legs.

Forcing her eyes open, darkness surrounded her, painfully moving her head, she tried to see where she was, the floor beneath her cold and wet, there were walls all around her and a single door.

Her mind tried to figure out where she was, how did she get here and who took her?

But before she could formulate an answer, she heard the door open and a tall dark shadow stood there, "Good you are awake." A gruff male voice spoke, causing shivers to creep down her spine.

"Welcome to your new home and perhaps your final resting place....depending on how I feel and if my needs are met." The male spoke menacingly, kicking her hard in her chest, cracking a rib. Enjoying her scream of pain, before turning around and laughing like a maniac, shutting the door behind him with a loud bang.

Keira sobbed silently, wondering if her family would ever find her, regretting the choices she had made, wishing she had stayed at home, instead of trying to be independent and commit to love...