Chapter 13

(At Red Moon Pack)

Eli could not delay any longer, they had to get moving, otherwise a misunderstanding, will cause a big rift to occur unnecessarily between two strong allied packs.

"Seth...Inform Alpha Leo that we will be there by nightfall." Eli mind linked his Beta.

"Yes Sir...Anything else?" Seth asked.

"Inform Nathan of the situation, we will only take three warriors, the rest stay behind at Red Moon to make sure that nobody takes over while we are gone. We will sort everything out after our meeting at Lunar Pack." Eli responded, "We will be travelling by car, my mate is still too weak to travel far." Cutting off the link, not waiting for a reply to his orders.

"Come on sweetheart. It's time to wake up." Eli urged his mate, placing kisses on her face, his fingers drawing circles on her back.

Keira smiled, purring in contentment at her mate's gentle ministrations, grinning wickedly as she stretched her small frame against his large form.

"You are killing me here...And I'll be damned that anything is going to happen here." Eli growled, causing shivers to run down her back.

Groaning when Keira pouted, "You are going to be the death of me...!"

Caving slightly, he gave her a quick passionate kiss in defeat.

Taking pity on her mate, "What is the rush...?" She queried, gazing down at her mate.

Running his hand frustratingly over his face, trying to compose himself for a second, "You're brother is declaring war..." He mumbled out.

"What? Why?" Keira exclaimed, cutting him off.

"He won't say...!" He responded, "The only warning is that if you're not at his pack in person in the next 24hrs, he will attack."

"I'll just call him." Keira stated firmly, attempting unsuccessfully to get out of her mate's embrace, huffing in defeat, when she couldn't move.

"Are you done?" Eli queried, his left brow arching up, gazing amusingly at his mate.

"Yes..." She mumbled out, glaring at her mate.

Giving her a peck on her nose, "You are just so cute..." His grin widening at her glare, "A feisty kitten...!" He smoothly elaborated, wiggling his eyebrows.

Keira slapped him hard on his chest.

"Ouch...Fine!" He exclaimed, "Definitely a feisty kitten..." He mumbled out the last bit quietly.

Only to receive another hit on his chest.

"Woman...!" Grabbing Keira's wrists in one of his large hands, keeping a firm grip on her wrists, protecting himself.

"I still got teeth...!" She teased sarcastically, "So...get to the point."

Eli did not know if he wanted to kiss her or punish her. He still thought to himself that she definitely was a feisty kitten.

"You do know we are connected? So I can hear your thoughts!" Keira mind linked, amused at the comical expression of her mate.

"Damn...I forgot about that tiny detail." He growled, slightly embarrassed at being caught.

"You know...you are procrastinating and time is against you." Keira reminded him.

"Okay...you've got a point." He huffed out, "Your brother wants to see you in person, calling him won't help. So, I've sent a message that we will be there tonight."

"That wasn't hard to say was it? I guess we better get moving then?"

"I agree. I suggest that you take a shower, while I arrange some clothes for you and something to eat." He suggested lightly.

"I'm not hungry..." She argued.

"Please..." He coaxed lovingly, "We have a long journey ahead and you are still recovering."

At her nod in agreement, they got up, each one focused on the journey ahead.