Chapter 16

The warriors from both packs, Megan and Sybil had been dismissed, only those deemed pertinent to the sensitive subject at hand, were seated in the conference room.

'Leo, I need to get back too Red Moon and sort out the crap left behind, as well as get back to my pack." Eli spoke out.

"I understand, I'll arrange a few trusted warriors to accompany and help you." Leo responded.

"Thank you, I'm still worried about the ones that have escaped, we don't know where they went and if they are a threat." Eli stated.

"Well...according to your report, Ryker wasn't amongst the dead or captured, so the threat is still there." Leo stated, "It's not a coincidence that my sister ended locked up there and I want answers!"

"So do I...there have been rumours for a while of a pack forming that shuns our laws and are a threat. I'm convinced that Red Moon was part of it, but I need to gather more information and having your help will speed up the process." Eli admitted grudgingly.

"I'll go too Red Moon." Austin spoke up, "Currently Alpha Eli needs to get back to his pack, even though he left his Delta to take care of things there, his pack is still vulnerable. And the members left behind at Red Moon are scared, wouldn't it be better if I go instead, they might be more amicable to talk, with me being there."

Both Alpha's stood there, each thinking over the words spoken, looking at it from their own perspective.

"I'll also send my Delta and his mate over to Red Moon, they can also help you." Eli finally responded, "With both of you being there and a few warriors, Red Moon won't be vulnerable to attacks, until we can decide what needs to be done over the remaining members."

Leo agreed, he would send a few warriors with Austin to Red Moon.

"I would think it's best to keep this confidential and any evidence found, only a few trusted people should know." Eli suggested.

"Why...?" Gabe asked.

"With Ryker missing and the unidentified woman at large, we need hard evidence to present to the council and currently we don't know who is involved." Leo responded.

"So we are all in agreement, Keira and I go back to my pack and Austin goes to Red Moon?" Eli asked.

With everyone on board, they all went to the family home, to spend quality time with Keira, before she had to leave and start her new life with her mate.

It would be difficult for them to let go, but it was the way of the werewolf, if ever you find your mate, you go where they are. Be it near or far. However, with today's technology, there is always ways to stay in contact and of course visiting during special milestones.

Family is still family.

While everyone retired for the evening, four people met in the woods on neutral land, bordering Lunar Pack, shrouded in darkness.

"You messed up!" The voice shouted, "You should have killed her after you rejected her."

"I agree..." A feminine voice spoke.

"Who are you to talk, you were there and you did nothing yourself!" The first voice again shouted, "So you better keep your trap shut. Because the only thing you are currently good for, is keeping your legs open!"

"I'm sorry...my uncle insisted on having her, said since she was so weak, she wouldn't put up a fight. Too him, her Alpha blood was important to produce strong pups." Ryker exclaimed.

"Look where that got him...dead!" The first voice spoke sarcastically.

"No matter...what's done is done. We should regroup and continue with our plan. This is a minor set-back, the plan will still go ahead." A second voice spoke.

"Fine...but if anyone of you messes up again, it's your head on a platter. I don't need this shit right now, especially when everything is starting to fall in place." The first voice stated firmly.

"Agreed, everyone get back to their designated posts and keep an ear out for any new developments, we should stay alert and ahead." The second voice ordered.

As Ryker and the female left, the other two stayed behind.

"Should we kill her?" The first voice asked.

"No...She will still come in handy. We still require her services, just make sure that Ryker and her don't mess up again." The second voice warned.

At that, they both parted ways, still focused on their mission.