Chapter 9

Eli couldn't believe it, he had finally found his mate.

The moment he had stepped into the room, the faint intoxicating scent of his mate filtered through the various other scents in the small confined room.

He stood rooted by the doorway, stunned speechless, it was only Selina's anguished cry that jolted him to move.

Holding his mate, he slowly came to realise, the limp, bruised and battered body in his arms, also the weak heartbeat, "What did they do to her...?" He gritted out, holding his fragile mate's form closer to him.

"Alpha Harvey's form of submission..." Selina stuttered out, bowing her head.

"You should have warned me a long time ago! None of this would have happened!" Eli lashed out.

Turning on his heels, he mind linked Seth, "Get the pack doctor! Meet me in the pack house!"

Seth, Nathan, Selina and the doctor followed closely behind Eli, knowing how important this woman was to Eli and if she didn't make it, they were doomed.

Seth and Nathan were there to stand guard over their Alpha. Should they require stepping in and sedating Eli, then they would do it.

It took all of his willpower to allow the doctor to examine his mate, his wolf wanted someone to punish for the state his mate was in, himself included. If only he had listened to his instincts, none of this would have happened, Red Moon's corruption, would have ended a long time ago and many girls would not have suffered.

"I don't understand...! She should be healing!" The doctor exclaimed, bringing Eli out of his dark and depressing thoughts.

"She was rejected..." Selina whispered, everyone's eyes instantly snapping towards her.

Confused, "I didn't reject her!" Eli roared.

The doctor gazed at the occupants in the room, noting the slight flinch of the young lady on the bed, when his Alpha continued on his rant, the doctor observed keenly as his Alpha's words drew a reaction from the young lady, "Alpha...If I may." He calmly spoke out loud enough to be heard, "We might have a slim solution."

"Talk..." Eli ordered, stopping his rant midway, anger pouring out of him.

"The patient for some or other reason is reacting to your voice. Might I suggest that you attempt to talk to her directly, it might bring her wolf forward..." The doctor spoke, everyone listening intently, "Even though she has been rejected, I believe by some miracle that you are her second chance mate and under the current circumstances, we can only hope that your presence will help her."

Eli grabbed at that small piece of hope, "Everyone out...!" Watching as everyone hurriedly moved towards the exit, "Wait! What is her name?" Remembering at the last second, he didn't even know his mate's name.

"Keira..." Selina replied before leaving the bedroom.

Eli locked the bedroom door, walking towards his mate, instinct telling him that to further strengthen their bond, they needed skin to skin contact. He removed his clothing, only leaving his boxers on.

Gently he removed his mate's clothing, taking deep gulps of her intoxicating scent, to keep him calm, as every bruise was being exposed, made him want to shift into his wolf.

Laying down on the bed, he brought his mate over to him as gently as he could, placing her on top of him, his hands soothingly stroking her body, as both him and his wolf began to talk to her and her wolf, urging them to fight...