Chapter 3

(Afternoon after Keira's disappearance)

Leo the current Alpha of the Lunar Pack paced up and down, his mind in turmoil.

Stopping abruptly, taking a deep breath, trying to calm his wolf, he gazed at the occupants currently residing in the conference room.

His parents, the former Alpha and Luna, sat huddled together. His beta and friend Mason, sat near him, quietly watching. His brothers, Austin and Gabe sat across from Mason, each in deep thought, waiting for him to talk. Sybil, their long time family friend and his PA, sat quietly, taking notes.

Megan, Keira's best friend, sat on the couch at the far end of the conference table, between her parents, silently crying, her parents protectively surrounding her.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, trying to calm his wolf, he gazed at Megan, "Tell me again...slowly what happened...every detail...do not let anything out." He ordered, "And I mean from the moment you knew Keira had a mate, what she told you...everything!" Slamming his hands on the desk, making Megan and her parents jump, whereas everyone else only slightly flinched.

Megan fearfully explained everything in detail again. Fearing internally that she was going to be punished harshly for her part in helping Keira, "I'm so sorry..." She stuttered, "I never imagined that she would not come back as agreed upon...I'm so sorry." She sobbed out.

"Get out!" Leo ordered, staring directly at Megan and her parents, watching as they hurriedly got up, practically running for the door, "And Megan...don't think you aren't going to punished for your part." He threatened, watching as her face paled at his direct threat, rushing out of the room.

Slumping down onto his chair, he ran a hand through his hair, tension emanating from him. He knew that Keira could be quite stubborn, but to hide such a huge secret from her family, was one step too far and knowing that Megan helped, did not help their current dilemma.

Growling, he wished he could have taken his frustrations out on Megan, punishing her for her part, but he knew that his sister would hate him, if he ever laid a hand on her best friend.

"What do you want us to do?" Gabe asked.

Staring at his brother and Lead Warrior, Leo responded, "I need you to investigate every nook and cranny from the moment Keira arrived at the club to getting to the designated hotel, check everything."

"And while he is doing that, I'll call Red Moon pack, to find out anything about her mate." Mason spoke up, "Perhaps somebody saw or heard something."

Nodding his head in agreement, his wolf howling in pain at the disappearance of their sister, wishing that this nightmare had never happened.

"Have you been able to communicate with Keira's wolf?" Gabe asked.

Leo growled, "What do you think?" Glaring at his brother, "It's the first damn thing I tried!"

Everyone knew that an Alpha could still communicate with a pack member's wolf wherever they were, unless for some reason they were either being forcibly blocked or have cut ties to the pack and have gone rogue.

"The only damn consolation that I have, is that I can still feel that she is alive." Leo spoke out gruffly, the only thing keeping him sane, is the fact that he could still sense his sister's wolf.

Both Mason and Gabe left the room.

"I'm sorry Mom and Dad for not protecting Keira..." Leo spoke humbly to his parents.

"It's alright son...we are as much at fault," Rafe, his father spoke, "Just find her." Gathering his mate, Leo's mother into his arms and taking her home.

Austin stood up, going over to Leo, placing his hand on his brother's shoulder, "We will find her safely..." Giving his shoulder a gentle squeeze, calming Leo's wolf with his presence, "I'll keep an eye on the old folks."

Leaving only Leo and Sybil in the conference room.

"Is there anything I can do?" Sybil asked.

"No..." Leo replied, "Just make sure that everything is in order at the office and only important calls and meetings are prioritized."

Sybil nodded, standing up and leaving the room.

Leo turned around in his chair, gazing out the large windows, "We will find you Keira..."