Chapter 6

Keira opened her eyes, staring up at Selina, wondering why the female was agitated, shrugging her shoulders, "I don't know what is different about me or why I'm here. As for my healing...my wolf is herself healing."

"Why...?"

"Why what...?" Keira asked, knowing full well what Selina was asking, but the pain and humiliation, kept her on the defensive, choosing to ignore too answer.

"I've been honest with you...!" Selina whispered out loud, "So...give me the courtesy in kind."

Huffing in frustration, Keira knew she had to come clean, it was true that Selina had been kind to her and for some reason she trusted her, "I was rejected..." Lowering her head in shame, "I passed out in the woods, near our pack on neutral land. Then woke up...here in this room."

Selina had seen what a rejection will do to a werewolf, it was a miracle that Keira was even alive or sane. For some reason, she felt connected to Keira, she needed to find a way to help the young shewolf, it was going to be risky and they didn't have much time. But, there was only one person she knew who could help her, she just had to send the signal.

Keira watched as Selina quietly stood near her, deep in thought.

"I not going to make any promises...but I might have a way to help you, hopefully before you are taken away." Selina stated firmly.

"How?" Keira asked, hope lighting up her eyes.

"Understand this...there are no guarantees. It's a risk and it might not work out. Let's just hope that either my plan works or your family finds you first. Otherwise, if we are caught...both of us are doomed." Selina spoke.

At Keira's nod in acceptance, Selina proceeded to tell her about her plan.

The following afternoon, Selina watched as Keira was taken blindfolded and tied up, towards the pack house.

Keira had still not been able to heal properly, she was still weak and often stumbled as she was shoved into moving forward. She prayed that Selina's plan worked, it was the only reason she had not given up yet.

Once the guard ordered her back to her quarters, she quickly rushed into her room. Quickly scribbling a message on a small piece of paper, she rolled it up with a string, walking over to her window, she quickly slipped out, running into the woods. Making sure nobody followed her, she made her way towards a section of the pack, where she knew the falcon always stayed, perched high up in the trees, waiting patiently.

Whistling a soft tune, too get the bird's attention. Selina waited as the falcon perched on her outstretched arm, quickly tying the note to the bird's leg.

"You know what you have to do..." She whispered, watching as the bird took flight, "I hope you get there in time." She prayed, before she quickly turned back to her quarters, hoping that her message will be received in time.