chapter one

I stare at the warm, beautiful colors the sunset gives the sky as my best friend Giota goes on about her day. We always come to this isolated beach whenever we feel tired and just want to talk. Suddenly we hear horses approaching and we both get up in alert. What I see in front of me shocks me and I have to blink to make sure it's true and not one of the many hallucinations.
Because right opposite of me stand my two brothers, Hector and Paris. Hector is the first one to get off of his horse and approach me with a warm smile on his handsome face.

"Little sister." He says, caressing my long hair.

"H-Hector?" I stutter, not being able to believe my own eyes.

"That's me."

We stare at each other for some minutes, then I lean forward in a quick motion and tightly hug him. He places his chin on my head and runs his hand up and down my back in a comforting manner, as tears make their way down my pale cheeks.

"I've missed you so much, little sister. Look at you; how much you've grown and how beautiful you've become. Even prettier than I remember you. Father will be thrilled to see you. You're a whole princess, his princess."

At the mention of father more tears emerge from my blue eyes. I've really missed all of them. I haven't seen them or heard from them in seven years.

Pulling away from Hector, I turn to our youngest sibling who's standing by his horse and is waiting for me with his arms opened. I immediately jump on him, almost knocking him over and causing the both of us to fall down. We hug for a good two minutes before Paris pulls away and looks me up and down in admiration.

"Wow, Amelia. Right when I thought you couldn't become any prettier."

I laugh and sweetly kiss his cheek. "Thank you, Paris. But what are you guys doing here?"

I turn to Hector who's smiling at me. "It's been seven years, Amelia. Father and I think it's finally time for our family to reunite. You're not in danger anymore, anyway. So it'd be best if we all finally lived in piece back in Troy."

Hector explains and my eyes widen. What? I'm returning home? After this whole time.. I'll finally get to see the glorious palace again. The Trojan soldiers. Briseis.

"Are you for real?!" I exclaim and they both nod.

"That's great. But..." I turn to Giota who's sadly smiling at me.

"It's okay, Amelia. You deserve to go back to your real family and country. You're ready to serve as a real princess after all." She says to me and I can't help but get teary again as I tightly hug her.

Giota and her parents have helped me so much these past seven years. I don't think I'd make it without them. I owe them my life.

"What about Ntina and Dimitris"

"Don't worry, I'll tell them. You go enjoy yourself." She reassures me and I smile in relief.

"You'll visit me in Troy. I'll be waiting." I tell her and she nods, trying hard to hold back her tears.

After our last goodbye, Hector helps me get on a horse and we start heading to the port where their ship is waiting for us.

"We're going to Sparta." He informs me and I raise an inquiring eyebrow.

"Oh? How come? I thought our relationship with Spartians wasn't good?"

"Yeah well, we're going there to sign the long awaited piece. Father is sending us." He replies and my face immediately brightens up.

"Really? That's great news!"

Days later we've finally reached Sparta. King Menelaus is the first one to greet us along with his wife, Helen.