chapter twelve

As soon as we enter the palace, I escape Paris's tight grip and run towards my room. I don't want to see or talk to anyone right now.

Passing by the balcony, I spot Andromache who has collapsed on the floor and Helen has kneeled down next to her. More tears make their way to my eyes as I approach the two broken women.

"Andromache.." My voice comes out as a barely audible whisper but Andromache hears it, looking up at me with the most desperate and helpless look I've ever seen. Her eyes are sad, angry, questionable, clueless. Clueless as to what to do from now on. Her husband just died and there's a toddler she has to deal with alone.

I fall down next to her and securely wrap my arms around her, trying to provide her with some warmth and comfort. But I don't think there's anything that could possibly comfort Andromache right now. No woman deserves to ever go through what she is going through right now.

"It's going to be okay.." I say but I, myself, don't believe my own words. How is it going to be okay? Without Hector Troy is nothing. Andromache is nothing. I am nothing.

"You have to stay strong, sweetie. Stand on your feet and if not for yourself, then for your son. You know that's what Hector would want, right? He'd want you to be happy and carry on with your life, successfully bringing up Scamandrius. He's watching from up there, Andromache, so I suggest you give him a good show to watch."

I caress her hair and try to sooth her as she's badly shaking in my arms. She's still in shock.

"I'll be there. I'll help you with whatever you might need. And not only me, but the whole family. You are not alone, Andromache."

I doubt she heard anything from what I just told her. Her lost gaze is fixated on the floor, her bruised lips are trembling and her body looks like it's going through electrical shock. I press my lips together at the sight, suddenly feeling the intense urge to throw up. Nauseous, I quickly get up and run indoors again.

Upon reaching my room, I slam the door shut behind me and fall face-first on the bed. I cover my face with the pillow and scream. I scream so loud I can feel my vocal chords shaking.

I will kill every single Greek person. Every single one of them. I will not spare anyone's life; they're gonna pay for what they did to my brother. For what they did to me and Briseis and to my city.

"THEY WILL REGRET THE MOMENT THEY DECIDED TO FUCKING SAIL TO TROY!" I scream to no one in particular, punching the wall in frustration. My knuckles start bleeding and I can already feel the dark purple bruises forming. But I don't care. My whole system has been flooded with thirst for revenge. I am thirsty and I am going to quench my thirst with their blood.

There's a soft knock on the door and I wipe away the tears, hiding my bleeding knuckles behind my back and waiting for the person to enter. I don't even have the strength to speak up and call them inside. I've screamed and cried enough. Now it's time for actions.

The door opens and a very tired-looking Helen makes her appearance. I sigh and look away immediately; I can't stand that look of pity everyone has towards me. Yes, I just lost my important person. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna stay pathetic and cry forever. I'll first take my revenge for him. To honor his name, make him proud one last time.

Helen reluctantly sits on the edge of the bed and purses her lips into a straight line.

"I am-"

"If you're about to say that you're sorry, please save it. I'm tired of hearing this same phrase all the time." I snap, causing her to flinch and look down in sadness. I immediately feel bad; it's not Helen's fault and here I am taking my anger out on her.