chapter fourteen

Greek's Pov:

"That was a good battle out there," Agamemnon addresses the blonde soldier opposite of him, taking his seat in front of his big army in the tent.

Everyone's spirit has been lifted importantly. Bright smiles cover the soldiers' faces and suddenly their ego and confidence have been boosted. Maybe they stand a chance against Trojans after all. Maybe they'll be able to tear those walls apart.

"You defeated Troy's strongest warrior," The King adds.

"Amelia is as strong." Achilles snaps, his mind drifting off to the girl's utterly crushed and betrayed expression when she saw her brother falling dead right before her eyes. Her emotionless expression when she told him to break up.

"Nothing can stop us now. Troy is ours, men!" King Agamemnon ignores Achilles's rude remark and raises his drink for a toast, receiving loud and happy cheers from everyone inside the tent.

"Agamemnon, you're forgetting Amelia. She can be quite the threat if she wants." Odysseus tries to speak rationally.

Agamemnon scoffs. "I'll take care of this tomorrow."

"What do you mean?" Menelaus asks, clearly confused.

"I'm going to challenge her to a duel." The leader confidently announces. "She's in no place to fight right now. All this has taken its toll on her mentally, so it'll be easy to get rid of her tomorrow. She's caused enough trouble."

"With all due respect, sir.. although she's mentally disturbed right now, she can still fight like a tiger. She's young with sharp moves, while you are way older and weaker. She could end you in a swift motion-"

"NO!" Agamemnon loudly slams his hand on the table and stands up.

"Odyseus is right. You are nothing compared to her, Agamemnon. The only thing you'll succeed in through this duel is getting yourself killed." Achilles rolls his eyes at the old man in front of him, then stands up and proceeds to leave the tent. He is in no mood to deal with old folks right now.

"She dumped you, didn't she? That's why you're like this.."

Achilles freezes in his tracks as soon as he hears these words coming out of Agamemnon's mouth.

"Now that I'm thinking of it, she's the first chick to dump you. Feels harsh, doesn't it? Is little Achilles's pride hurt?"

Boiling with anger, Achilles quickly turns around and raises his fist to attack the leader. Odysseus rushes to intervene, grabbing his friend's arm and pulling him towards the tent's exit.

"Let's just go, Achilles. Drop it." He whispers to him.

"Hear me out, kiddo. I won't let that stupid teenage romance of yours get in the way and destroy my plans. I'm conquering Troy whether your girl likes it or not!" Agamemnon yells.

Odysseus has to gather up all of his strength to prevent Achilles from killing the King right there and then on the spot. He manages to drag him outside the tent.

"Calm down, Achilles."

"Leave me alone!" Achilles angrily screams, pushing Odysseus away.

"Don't be like that for her. We're still at war."

"Just shut up," Achilles runs a frustrated hand through his thick, blonde locks. He's helpless. Everyone's mentioning her and he doesn't know what to do. He doesn't know what to think. He just wants her.

"It's only natural for her to want to break up after what you did to her brother." Odysseus tries to speak as softly as possible. Achilles is dangerous when angry.