chapter fifteen

Amelia has been unconscious for a week now.

Troy is in a tragic state. Its people have never felt more defeated, unmotivated, depressed. Trojan soldiers have no leader to follow out in the battlefield. They don't have someone to lift their spirit, hype them up, tell them the right thing to do. Their mood and mental health worsens more each day. They've practically given up.

Everyone is scared. Terrified. They're afraid that their beloved princess and leader is not going to make it. She hasn't moved a single muscle in a week.

Paris refuses to believe this. He hasn't left his sister's side ever since she was placed on her bed. He holds her hand and talks to her every day, begging her to wake up and pull their city out of that dark hole. He also hasn't stopped crying.

"I can't lose my sister as well," He keeps on mumbling to himself.

King Priam tries to keep a strong exterior for the sake of his people. He does his best to remain calm and positive, talking to his soldiers and comforting his family. However, he knows deep down that the possibilities of Amelia waking up are minimal and there's no future for Troy without her.

Without their princess Amelia Trojans are doomed.

On the other hand, the Greeks seem to be at their best. They keep attacking the city, every day in a better mood. They take advantage of Troy's helpless state and keep winning battles. So many Trojans have lost their lives..

Only two Greek people aren't pleased at all.

The one of them is King Menelaus. He still isn't over his beloved brother's death and fights with even more hatred now. He makes sure to brutally kill each and every Trojan person he comes across. He is passionate and thirsty for revenge. He just wants to see Troy in between flames.

The other one from the two Greeks who aren't pleased is Achilles. He just can't seem to take the image of the girl he loves heavily bleeding on the ground out of his head. Every time he closes his eyes, he sees the nasty wound on Amelia's stomach and the way she just collapsed. He hasn't been getting any sleep and he obviously hasn't left his tent. He's scared.

For the first time in his life, the all too powerful Achilles is scared.

Amelia's pov:

My eyelashes feel too heavy as I try to open my eyes. My head also hurts and there's a stinging sensation lingering on my lower abdomen.

Where am I?

What happened to me?

Where is Hector?

My first instinct is to extend my hand to try to touch my older brother but another hand is on top of mine, preventing me from doing so.

Finally opening my eyes, I find out I'm in my bed and Paris is fast asleep on the chair right by the bed. His warm hand tightly grasps my cold and pale one. I bet he hasn't let go for a long time.

I use whatever strength is left in me and sit up in bed, ignoring the pain on practically every single part of my body.

I observe Paris's face from close up and immediately feel bad. Even in his sleep, there's a deep scowl on his troubled looking face and there are even dried tears beneath his eyes, alongside dark circles.

I swallow down the tears that threaten to come up and try to think back to what happened to me.

I have flashbacks of an Agamemnon challenging me to a duel, my family and Achilles begging me not to accept, me accepting, then a sword penetrating my stomach and Agamemnon's throat being sliced by me.