epilogue

It's been five years.

Five years since the destructive attack, five years since that unforgettable night. Five years since we left Troy.

Leaving the flames behind us, we found shelter in a new city near Troy. This city has always been our ally and helped us with whatever our palace needed. Both Father and Hector trusted this place with their heart so Paris and I figured it'd be safe for our people to migrate here.

And we weren't disappointed. The citizens here warmly welcomed us and helped us adjust quickly. They adored us from the very first moment we arrived and they were even thrilled to learn that Paris and Helen would rule over them.

Yes, these two got married and became official King and Queen of the city. I was so happy for my little brother, he deserved all the love he got.

Who else got married? Me and Achilles. Paris finally accepted the Greek man into our family and walked me down the aisle.

The whole kingdom happily welcomed a new member in the royal family just four years ago, when I gave birth to my first daughter; Gabriella. She is a pretty and healthy young lady, following after her parents' example.

-----

"And you're dead!"

Gabriella victoriously smirks at the six year old boy beneath her on the ground as she points her wooden sword to his throat.

Scamandrius laughs and lets his cousin help him up. He dusts off his pants and scowls at the shorter girl.

"How do you always win? You're younger and weaker than me. It's not fair!" The small boy complains, causing Gabriella to chuckle.

"Hey, don't forget I am the daughter of Amelia and Achilles. These two are the best fighters in history." She winks at him.

The smile on Scamandrius's face fades and he looks down in sadness.

"I'm happy you get to grow up with a fatherly figure by your side. Have him love you and take care of you," He sadly mumbles. "I never got to meet my dad. I wish I could see him, even just for once. Mum avoids answering me every time I ask her what happened to him. It's like he's ceased to exist. No one ever speaks about him, Gabriella."

Gabriella looks over at her cousin with a pout. She hates seeing other people sad, especially Scamandrius. They are growing up together and the bond that's been created between them is quite strong.

"Hey," she shoves him, "why don't we go ask my mum about him? I'm pretty sure she'll answer us."

Scamandrius's melancholic gaze quickly turns hopeful as he looks up at Gabriella. "Really?

"Yeah, let's go!"

Hand in hand, the two little kids run to the beach where Amelia, Helen and Andromache are peacefully strolling by the waves.

Amelia's pov:

I look over at my daughter who's running alongside Scamandrius towards us. A smile is immediately formed on my face at the sight of these two. They're this city's source of happiness.

"Hey mum and aunts!" Gabriella cheerfully greets us.

"Hey," Helen replies and then eyes Scamandrius who's frowning a bit more than usual. "What's up, buddy?" She asks him.

The small boy doesn't reply and keeps his gaze fixated on the sand, refusing to look at any of us. Gabriella sees that and decides to take over.

"Mommy, we'd like to know about uncle Hector. Scamandrius is sad because he doesn't know what's happened to him." She says, catching the three of us completely off guard.