Chapter 1 : A Dizzy Spell

Disclaimer: I do not own Doctor Who, it's universe, it's story or it's characters and I do not claim any ownership over them. I only own my characters, imagination and other such things. This is a work for entertainment only. :p

For one Rebekah Baird, life was fairly normal. More so now that her father retired from the Air Force, and not constantly going on month-long overseas deployments.

Not that she doesn't miss living in England, now that her family is back in the US. She does miss that. Both her childhood home of twelve years and being able to travel all over Europe with ease. She really loves to travel and explore.

But we're getting off track. The main point here is that Rebekah was normal...

To a degree at least.

And when normal young ladies of 19 go out for a walk, as Rebekah had done and was prone to do, they expect to come back home again within an hour or two.

Unfortunately for Rebekah, that is not what happened.

It had been a nice day. A quiet, lazy sort of day.

Well, as nice as a 'bloody hot and humid hell day' in Florida's summer heat can be. The quiet, lazy part comes with air conditioning and not leaving the house for days on end.

But for some reason, probably that need for exercise that comes with having done gymnastics for over 10 years, Rebekah decided to go for a walk. That in itself isn't that unusual. She does this fairly regularly.

It was 5:23 and sort of cooler then it had been earlier in the day. She thought she'd go down to the beach, which is only about 15 minutes' walk away, and where there is sure to be a cool breeze blowing.

Unfortunately for Rebekah, she never made it to the beach.

She'd been walking for only a few minutes, lost in her own story-filled head, deciding that yes, her heroine Reaka should take that one back alley to avoid the villainous agents tailing her; though Reaka doesn't know there's another goon waiting in the alley with a black car- and that's a separate story for another time, as it's hardly relevant.

Rebekah is just having to pause her tale and pay attention to the upcoming road when her head starts feeling sort of funny.

She turns back around, deciding it might mean a migraine. Best handle that at home.

But with each step, her head throbs.

The air seeming to grow thicker and thicker.

Her steps like molasses, preventing her from moving forward.

The world warps and bends around her. Her vision blurs, slowly, slowly going black.

Harsh pain thrums in pounding waves at her temples. Frightened panic takes over, but it's soon replaced with nothingness.

And then she is gone.