Chapter 6 : A Silent Library

When Rebekah reappears, much like with Alex, she ungracefully lands on her rump and has to wait a moment for the queasiness and burning pain to fade before she can stand. -Thankfully, she does discover that she can, in fact, stand.

Wouldn't that have been troublesome; stranded who-knows-where in a probably-dangerous environment and unable to even stand up straight.

But, unlike her first time-space-travel experience, she can still enable her legs to function.

She brushes herself off and looks around. On her left is a large balcony-like window, showing her a huge cityscape set with a deep orange sky.

In every other direction: wooden doors, stairs, beautiful marble works like something in a museum, and rows upon rows of bookcases as far as the eye can see. There must have been millions and millions of books here... probably billions and trillions.

Without really thinking about it Rebekah takes out her phone and snaps several pictures of her surroundings, mostly out the window at the beautiful cityscape.

She completely forgot about River's advice about running by this point.

She wanders down hallway after hallway admiring the beautiful architecture and how the light streams in through the windows.

...but something is off.

She can't place it but it's disconcerting.

And then she realizes what it is.

It's quiet. Not the normal, multiple people being quiet in a library with city background noise quiet.

No, it is absolutely silent.

No sound other then her own, and now that she'd noticed it, her ears begin to ring with it. Her breath and heartbeat amplified in sound and the slight tap of her shoes almost makes her want to cringe with how the noise echoes across the walls.

She can hear her heartbeat increasing as her anxiety builds up. Absolutely sure someone or something is going to jump out at her at any second.

Slowly she starts to back up the way she just came. Maybe hoping to find a way to reverse the teleport.

Only her back collides with something.

She screams.

Another woman's yelp follows her own.

"My gosh that scared me! Don't do that!" An irate woman's voice reprimands her. Belatedly Rebekah notes that it's a British accent. Though not from her part of the country.

"Hey, hey. You're alright. It's ok, you're alright. " two firm hands rest on Rebekah's shoulders and she knows they can probably feel her slight trembling. This voice is also British, though another different area maybe? She needs to get better at recognizing where particular dialects come from.

Turned around in that strong grip, she comes face to face with a person she has seen many many times(and secretly crushed on.) Someone who she'd resigned to never see in real life.

He for his part is just as confused. Hadn't he just dropped her off in Leadworth to visit her friends? "Faith? Wha, What're you doing here?"

Just as fast as he got that out and Faith/Rebekah was opening her own mouth, he catches sight of the Vortex Manipulator on her wrist. Waving off his question "no, never mind that. You can tell me on the way, c'mon. You too Donna."