Chapter 7: Acceptance

For the first time, after this dilemma dawned on me, I stopped caring for everyone that has a say on anything I do. All I did was to bury my face in Aziel's neck while he hugs me tightly.

I was never hurt this much but I guess for the past years that I'm hiding this, I'm slightly hurting that it slowly started building up inside my chest and now... I exploded.

"Hush now..." Aziel whispered and I nodded but I know I can't stop any time soon.

He broke his hug on me as he cupped my face and smiled timidly.

"Why do I have to see you crying this early? I just met you the other day, Win." his eyes were soulful. Like he's ready to give me anything.

Or maybe he pity me for what's happening.

"I don't need your pity, Aziel." I said my thought out loud and I saw his shock reaction before being calm again.

He pushed me just so I can go back to my seat. He fixed my seatbelt before speeding the car up for us to go out of this university.

I avoided his gaze and decided to fix my eyes on the road. I suddenly felt his hand enveloping every space of my fingers until they are closely intertwined.

I looked at our hands and I smiled because even my situation sucks, at least there is someone who is ready to be with me.

I thought he's taking me home directly that's why I sent a message to my driver saying I'll go home by myself but I thought wrong.

I noticed him turned his car to a park just a few minutes away from our village. It took us a few minutes before he park it near a huge tree.

The sun is slowly setting and the sky is now being swallowed slowly by darkness.

I didn't ask anything but instead, I went out of his car and sat on the bermuda grass, with my knees touching my chin, I hugged them tightly just so I can feel secured again. Hoping that maybe it will ease the pain.

Silence won over us as we sat there doing nothing. Aziel was just beside me the whole time doing nothing; not even saying anything.

Memories from the past days suddenly hit me like waterfall. They all rushed through my head like they have been waiting for too long for me to notice and accept.

I heaved a sigh and let go of my knees. I leaned on the large tree as I looked at the city lights who are now dominating the whole city.

"Aziel," I started.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you." I looked at him and smiled. "Thank you for being with this stranger. We barely know each other but you went all the way here to make sure I'm fine. You're way better than a friend I know." I weakly smiled and he slowly crawled to move closer to me.

When he's content with our space, he heaved a sigh before talking,

"I told you I've been thinking about you, Win." he pouted like he was shy to admit that. "I honestly don't do courtship. I'm one of those gay men who is into hook up culture."

Now it's my time to be surprise.

"So... you're just doing this for a challenge huh?" I asked when I suddenly concluded something.

He immediately shook his head and I saw fear in his eyes.

"No... No Win, that's not what I meant. This is all new to me as well. I've been hurt, like you and I know this is all because you like someone right now." he switch his position and is now facing me. "I just want you to know that I'll be here for you. I am seeing change because of you."