Chapter 26: Considerate

Warning: Read at your own risk!

Dad's mansion in Beverly Hills stunned me the first time I saw it. According to him, the land measures around eight thousand to ten thousand square feet.

The huge black gate never gave justice to how magnificent the mansion is inside. From the gate, there's a long pathway that needs a ride for a person to reach the mansion itself. Topiaries surrounded the area, welcoming anyone that visits the area.

Another pathway leads you to the gigantic double doors made of oak wood with carvings in it as the mansion stood three storey tall with a very modern design. Glass windows dominated the area as geometric shapes give life to the form of the mansion. Minimal looking lights surrounded the walls, the ceilings and even the sides of the place.

The architect, engineer and interior designer made a magnificent work in the house as we were greeted by a large hallway and a glass sliding door that leads us to a spacious living room.

I was silent the whole time we were touring around the house. I was really into the intrinsic designs of the things inside it. I took every little detail I see and smiled because I haven't visited this side of me for a while. The side of me that loves art more than reading and studying.

A week has passed and I've been really busy the past few days choosing a good university for next year. The semester has already started when I arrived so I'm resting for a few months but I already have a university in mind.

I got out of the balcony of my room as I scrolled through my new phone.

After we reached our new home, which Dad has invested in for a few years, the day after, I got out to buy a new phone. I don't want to have anything that has a connection with him or to anyone that hurt me.

I only kept a single contact in my phone and that's Sinee's. I don't want to leave without telling her everything but I also don't want to push myself to tell her everything when I can't even compose a proper sentence that night.

With all the courage I have in me, I called her through FaceTime and I don't even know if she's going to answer. It's early in the morning here in States and if I remember it correctly, we have a 12 hour difference with Thailand.

It took me another try when she finally picked up the call. This time, it's a regular voice call.

"Hello?" she started. "May I know who's this?"

"Hey Sinee..." I weakly said and I admit that I miss her already.

"Metawin? Oh my God!" she screamed and it didn't take a few seconds before she requested for a FaceTime. I accepted it and smiled at her. "Sis where are you!?" she screamed and I can't help but smile bitterly. "I've been calling you for days but your phone can't be reached!"

"I'm sorry... I just need to think." I weakly said and sat on the chair near me. "How are you?"

"How am I!? No Win, how are you! Bright has been bugging me for a straight whole ass week because he can't contact you! You're not even at home!"

I bit my lip and sadly looked at her.

"I'm in America now." I confessed and her eyes widened like it's going to popped out of its case.

"Bitch, for real!?" she screamed and I laughed before nodding. Her reactions can still make me happy. "Okay but why!?"

"Dad closed MCS in Thailand a few weeks ago and he decided to focus on the main branch here in the U.S. so here I am." I shrugged and I saw her pulled her hair like nothing is ever sinking.

"Win you left! Why do you look so happy!?" she said, frustrated and I can't hide it anymore.

Tears pooled my eyes as I shook my head before they flowed one after another. I sniffed and tried to smile my tears away as I looked at her.