Chapter 9: Dinner

My heart beat violently when I entered the dining area. Dad was laughing with Aziel when I entered the dining area and that really caught my attention. They seem really close already while Mom is all eyes on Bright while the maids are serving some refreshments for the people in the table.

"Honey what are you doing there? Come and sit here so we can eat." Mom said in a very sweet tone. I can see that she is in a good mood tonight.

I cleared my throat before finally nodding. I was about to sit beside Aziel when Mom cleared her throat and pointed the seat beside her-the usual sit I take when we dine together as a family.

I heaved a sigh before finally sitting there. I wouldn't want the two to see how my parents fight over me because of my issues.

"So you came here with Win?" Dad said like he's so happy to see Aziel.

"Uh yes sir..."

My old man laughed and shook his head.

"I told you not to be so formal with me. Your father is a close friend of mine. We've been partners in business for 10 years now."

What!?

"I'm sorry uncle, I'm used to calling you with formality since we worked together." Aziel smiled shyly before glancing at me.

I didn't dare ask what's going on. It's not like Dad and I are in good terms. It's just a really weird coincidence that Aziel's Dad is my father's business partner.

"Anyway Win, why did you bring Aziel here? Do you have an assignment in accounting that you don't understand? And I didn't know you guys know each other." he maliciously said. I know Dad smells something. I'm his son - I got it from him to sense someone's intention in a single talk.

"He's here to meet you." I straightly said and looked at Mom. Now that got her attention away from Bright to me.

"Is this another issue?" Now Dad sounded so dangerous.

I tore my eyes off him and decided to drink on my wine glass. You can talk with Aziel about that.

Damn, I feel like a girl here sitted beside my parents while a guy is asking for permission if he can date me or not!

"Mike, can we start eating first? I'm sure they're hungry. We can talk while eating." Mom softly said and touch Dad's hand.

Did they fix the issue between them already? I haven't had a single word with them but I guess they did.

Dad fell silent before agreeing to Mom. We started eating and I surveyed the food served in the table first to see what I should eat.

"Pasta?" I heard Bright whispered beside me.
I didn't pay any attention to him and decided to get a spoonful of pink salmon. I also got myself a serving of beef that I don't know the name of.

I cleared my throat before I started eating.

"So Bright, how's Win in school? You're classmates right?" Mom cheerfully asked the man beside me.

I didn't even look at Bright and continued chewing my food.

"He's a very good student and a friend." I saw from my peripheral vision that he flashed a smile.

Friend huh?

"I want to thank you again for setting up a meeting for my brand. This means a lot to me." that's my mom.

"Oh it's no big deal ma'am. Win asked me personally though it took some time for us to meet but I'm glad we met at the right time." he said the last words like he's pertaining to this setup.