Chapter 23: Doctor

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

"You seem unfamiliar." The head of the village said as he stared of the detectives who were also surrounding the death.

It wasn't long when the detectives arrive to see a dead body on the grassy ground with a weird fang marking on her neck. They were trying to ask villagers information when this man named Lee Woojong, the head of the village came in and started scolding the villagers.

-The head of the village arrives with a weird stance

The moment his eyes landed at the silent detectives, he knew they were unfamiliar. Before the detectives even had a chance to explain, he shouted at the villagers. He was asking them whether they bought people on the island.

"DIDN'T I TOLD YOU TO NOT BRING ANY OUTSIDERS?! WHAT IF THE RUMOR SPREADS?! WHAT WILL YOU DO?!" The head of the village was mad while the rest of the people were strongly in denial.

-Too sudden to react?

The detectives were staring at the fuming man. It seems like an awful reaction. It was too over that all of you were just staring at disbelief. How could he react that way so suddenly?

"We haven't seen them here until today." A woman says as Wonjong face the detectives.

"No one bought us here but I do have a friend in this island." Jaewook explains.

"Cut to the chase!" The head says as he gestured, still maintaining his angry emotions.

Jaesuk gulps before he speaks, trying to find the right words. "We're detectives." He says, catching the attention of Wonjong.

"Are you with the police?" The head asks in a more timid and calm look.

-Suddenly scared and timid?

"No sir!" The detectives immediately said.

The head of the village then sighs before speaking. "I don't know what you heard about the island but I do want you to remember one thing." He says, the detective focused and nervous at the same time.

"Don't you ever try to know the legend about this island or else you will get hurt!" He says, his words filled with strong will to do so. "Everyone who tried to figure out a thing about the island dies!"

-A legend about the island

He then places his hand on Jaesuk's shoulder as a sign of approach. "I'm doing this for your sake. I hope you understand why I was so upset earlier." He says before removing his hand and placing it in his pockets.

"You must be from Seoul." Wonjong says as the detectives agree. "I trust you not to do anything funny so I will tell you everything I know."

The head of the village sighs before speaking. "A legend has it that a vampire has been living in our village for hundreds of years." He says making the detectives stare at him in horror and in disbelief.