Chapter 46: Future Past

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

"If you open the envelope, you will find the information of the suspects of the first test." Jang Gwang said from the record player, the detectives following what he said and opening the large envelope.

The second case was a success. Well, a success for your team to be exact. With Jaesuk's good guts the team found the real delivery man and found out the way of escape and with Sehun's running skills he caught Jaewook exiting the building. It was a tight match that everyone enjoyed even though some of the detective's pride was hurt.

-Namdong Police team caught the culprit

Now, the third test was being relayed to them as they listened to the instruction. It seems like the first case was related with the last test as it listed suspects. "Based on information, who had grudges or criminal records, the police arrested one of those four. Find out who was the person that was arrested that time."

The detectives were staring at the papers that were given to them. There were 4 people labeled as suspects and a more detailed information including addresses and such. "They are people hired for the test so make sure to not be guilty. The first two tests gave information about who the culprit was so make sure to remember what you saw."

-Arresting the suspect for the first case

"Arrive at the Han River after two hours once you arrested the suspect." The voice recorder relayed, the detectives thinking about everything as careful as possible. "I will give 3 million won to the person who catches the real culprit. I wish you all good luck."

The sum of the money that will be given was huge. It was getting more and more intense since a person can't really tell if he or she was the culprit or not from the papers so they had to go to the exact same location. Going to 4 locations within 2 hours and investigating was impossible. They had to choose one specific place.

Jaesuk thinks of the current situation before speaking. It was truly tricky. "So we will arrest the suspect for the first case?" Jaesuk concludes, the other detectives agreeing.

"All of the test are connected. The first and second cases are supposed to lead to the culprit." Kwangsoo says, trying to think of a way to arrest the correct person.

-Connecting information they found

Sehun lands his eyes on the black rope that was slung in his jacket zipper. He holds it in his hand, facing the other detectives. "What about this one?" He asked, somehow not getting the point.

"That's it!" Jaewook exclaims, knowing the use of the string of the pager the moment he saw it. "Remember the wound we saw on the woman's neck?" He asked, grazing his neck as a demonstration.

-A murder weapon?

"There's the singer!" Jongmin says, pointing at the first person labeled as the suspect. It was a relief that they somehow focused on the culprits and ways of death for the first case as it would be useful for this one. Now, the first suspect was the faceless singer. "Who is the second suspect?"