Chapter 48: The Code

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

"Why would Yeonseok turn himself in?" Jaesuk asks after many moments of silence, the idea bugging him all night. "I don't understand."

-Yoo Yeonseok, a man whom the detective team encountered, turned himself in

"I mean, after running and escaping he turns himself in." Kwangsoo says, not getting the point. It was a sudden happening that seemed impossible at first.

"Exactly." Jaesuk says, his ideas still running. "Why do they want us to transport him?"

-A request for a transport

Last night, they mysterious gentlemen gave them the pass for the safe that they found at Jeju as promised. They opened it to find a picture of the student and a man wearing a lab gown. It was Yoonha, the student who was killed by Seo Kang Joon, a man whom they arrested themselves.

Inside, they also found a flash drive that needed another code to enter. Their screen was hacked and flashed a video message from Yoo Yeonseok that shocked them all. After that, they were called to transfer him as a request as he turned himself in.

-An unopened drive

"I don't understand a thing." Jaesuk says. Even though they were in complete shock, they wanted to talk to the criminal. They had tons of questions to ask. Maybe it was a time to confront him.

"It's still a good thing." Sejong says, standing still with the cold weather.

Jaesuk faces her, realizing something. "It's the first time you'll see him."

"That's right." -Sejong

"But why does it feel like you are happy?" -Jaesuk

-An unexpected enthusiasm

Sejong laughs at the statement, her outfit and makeup glowing today. She was well styled. "He's a criminal!" Kwangsoo exclaims, not getting her point. "You don't usually wear pink." He says, pointing at her pink coat.

"You shouldn't dress up for men." Jongmin says, amazed at her sudden change.

Sejong approaches her, taking his hand in hers. "You're not the person to say that." She says, knowing who Jongmin truly is. He didn't have a right to say those things if he does that himself but for girls.

"What?" -Jongmjn

"Oh, you know that." -Sejong

"I can't understand Sejong's enthusiasm." Jaesuk reasons, everyone laughing so much. "We're meeting a criminal yet here she is all dresses up."

For a short time, everything seemed normal for the detectives. Everyone was happily talking, smiles on their faces. They went back to the topic by the statement of Jongmin. "I bought the diary that we found." He says, showing the pink notebook.