Chapter thirteen

"Kira found Brett

"Kira found Brett. They're fine, but we've got to go." Scott says as he walks into the kitchen. Liam and I were at Scott's house so we could wash of the gasoline and in my case, the blood.

"More assassins?" I ask concerned by the increasing amount of people who want to kill us.

"Maybe a lot more." Scott says.

"Different than the ones who just tried to set us on fire?" Liam asks.

"I think so, yeah." Scott says and we all go silent.

"I'm not like you..." Liam says looking sad.

Scott tries to reassure Liam. "Not yet-" , but Liam cuts him off.

"I don't mean I'm not strong, or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control, I mean everything else. You and your friends, you try to protect everyone. Liam says. "Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?"

"Not all of us are." Scott says sadly. We all stand there in silence. Scott speaks up. "Let me at least take you both home."

I look up at Scott. "I want to help Scott," I say. "I want to help people instead of hurt them."

"Randy, you don't have to help, we can take care of this." Scott says.

"I want to help, please let me." I say. Scott looks at me, thinking.

"Okay, but we still have to drop Liam off." Scott says and we all head to the car.

_______________________

After we dropped off Liam we went to go meet up with Kira at the animal clinic. "Did you find him? Did you find Brett?" Scott asks.

"Actually, I think I found all of them." She says and leads us out through the back door. Outside there was a group of people. Kira goes up to an old woman. "Satomi, this is who I was telling you about."

Satomi smiles. "I know who Scott McCall is." She then looks at me. "It's good to see you again Mr Sherwood."

I look at her confused. "We've met?" I ask.

She nods. "You were very young at the time. You're dad brought you to meet me." She sees i'm still confused. "Your dad was in my pack." I look at her in shock.

____________________

Scott ended up taking Satomi's pack to abandon warehouse. Tarps hung around the empty space. "Are we safe here?" Asks Brett's little sister.

"We're gonna need help... a lot of help." Scott says Chris then walks into the building confused. Brett growls at Chris then goes to lung at him but Scott stops him.