chapter seven

a/n: i know this chapter will seem very boring in the beginning but trust me, it'll get fun.

---

i rubbed my eyes as my alarm started to go off again. another day of the same thing.

i turned the alarm on my phone off as i stood up and went to go eat breakfast and check my instagram and twitter. travis had tweeted.

traves: big day today

didn't schlatt tweet that last night? or at least something like that?

y/t/n: i'm hoping as big as me

jschlatt: it's not even close

y/t/n: insulted, you don't know my size

not very interesting on twitter. it was whatever. i didn't mind it. more time for myself.

i finished up my quick breakfast before going back to my bedroom to do my school work.

---

i went onto my twitter immediately once i finished up my school work. i had barely gotten any notifications and, sure enough, nothing that i was too interested in was in my feed. not even schlatt's russian account tweeted, which was very uncommon. i guessed that it was my fault for keeping him up so late. 

i left my desk to go do the usual tasks that i did to get ready for work. even after an hour and a half, i still haven't gotten a notification.

as i got changed into my work uniform, i texted schlatt a game pigeon game. sure enough, he answered within a couple of minutes. 

okay, something was definitely off.

if he was busy but not busy enough to not text me back a game, what else would he be doing? i was very confused. 

or i was overthinking it.

it was probably the latter. i let go of it.

as a result of my boredom, i called travis. he answered in a couple of seconds. "hey, what's up y/n?" i heard him greet.

"hey trav! i was wondering if i could come over? twitter is seeming to be a bit dry," i responded as i sat on my couch, looking at my collection of games.

"i'm really sorry y/n! me and the boys are really busy right now! i can't be having you come over right now." the background noise was his friends' chatter. i expected that they were live streaming or something.

i didn't try to hide my disappointment. "awh, it's alright. some other time. have fun, bye!"

"bye!" he immediately ended the call. i bit the inside of my cheek, staring at my phone as i thought of something to do.

i checked on discord to see if schlatt was online. he wasn't. that's not interesting.

i threw my phone away from me and turned on my ps4, starting to play the newest red dead redemption.

---

at 3:45, my phone went off to remind me that i had to go to work. i groaned quietly to myself as i turned off my ps4 and put on my shoes to go to work.

once i had gotten there, i was greeted by my work friends. 

"hey y/n! how has your day been so far?" kate asked me as we put on both of our waitress aprons.

i shrugged as i put the thin cloth over my neck. "mediocre, i guess."

---