chapter nineteen

"ПРОСТИСЬ!" i heard schlatt yell at me. i groaned to him. what was he saying? either it wasn't in english or i'm unusually groggy. i turned over to go back to sleep. "ПРОСТИСЬ!" he repeated. that definitely wasn't english.

i opened my eyes to see him on top of me, already dressed. "what the hell are you saying?" i asked him with my eyes narrowed. he got off and laid down next to me.

"i see you're not a true twitter fan of mine," he replied as he slapped my knee from over the blankets, "i was telling you to wake up. now, go and get dressed. we're going on a morning hike."

i sat up and looked at my phone for the time. it was 5 in the morning. "schlatt, it's so goddamn early!" i exclaimed.

he looked at me in confusion. "yeah, it's a morning hike. we're gonna watch the sun go up, it'll be fun." i rubbed my eyes before getting up and doing a shortened version of my routine, as schlatt was rushing me.

as i was putting on my mascara, i opened my door to talk to schlatt. "what's the deal with food this morning?"

"what's the deal with airline food?" i could hear him mutter under his breath before actually answering me. "i already bought some sandwiches and chips, we'll eat when we're watching the sun."

"nice," i commented as i finished up my makeup with some lipgloss. "who knew you were so cheesy, with all this planning?"

"planning is cheesy?"

"no- that's not what i meant. i mean how your ideas are cheesy. it's funny but really cute."

he poked his head into the bathroom to look at me in the mirror. "says the one who took me to the pier to ask me out."

i whipped my head to look at him, scowling. "i was the one who initiated it because someone wouldn't do it!"

he laughed and kissed me on the lips, but went back to touch his own lips that were now sticky. "what is on your lips-?" he asked me with confusion. i showed him my lipgloss tube. "chapstick?"

"what type of chapstick are you using?" i asked as i opened my lipgloss, showing how it was liquid and shiny. "it's lipgloss. chapstick isn't sticky, bro."

he raised an eyebrow and licked his lips. "it tastes good."

"it's strawberry flavored. it's a little pink," i said with excitement, showing the label more visibly, but then placing it back in my makeup bag. "i'm ready to go. are you?" he nodded and we gathered what we wanted to bring before leaving the cabin to go.

we went on a hike that went up a hill. it wasn't too difficult, which was relieving because i was still tired, but we still were out of breath at times. when we had gotten to the top, it was light in the sky but the sun wasn't up yet. we sat down at the bench and schlatt gave me a can of starbucks coffee and my sandwich.

i looked at the can. "you couldn't of given this to me earlier?" i asked jokingly.

he looked at me puzzled before taking a bite of his sandwich. "you don't want it?"

"no, no, i do. sorry," i instantly said, looking away from him to drink the coffee. "you didn't get a coffee?"

"i already drank it, you were asleep," he replied with his voice a little muffled by the food. "i take it you never wake up this early?"

i laughed a little. "hell yeah. i could never do this daily. so tiring. i still can't understand how you do it."

he smiled to himself and didn't respond. when we finished our food, we had gotten closer. schlatt had put his arm around me and we were watching the sunrise. it was embarrassingly romantic but it was cute.