chapter seventeen

i woke up in schlatt's bed, except there was no schlatt next to me. it was disappointing but expected. i got myself out of bed to see him in the kitchen, getting out our leftovers from last night's dinner. "good morning."

"morning, y/n," he replied as he opened the pizza box. "want some pizza for breakfast?"

"why not." i went over and grabbed myself a slice, then eating it besides schlatt. "how long have you been awake for?"

he looked on the clock on his microwave. "i think 3 hours? i just got out of bed, though." he ate a little more before he spoke again, covering his mouth. "i was thinking about us going to the arcade today."

i smiled at the planning. "sounds great! what type of arcade is it?"

he stared at me in confusion for a second. "type of arcade-? uh, well it has those video games and the ones that are interactive? you can collect tickets for merchandise from some of the games." i nodded along and grabbed myself a dasani water.

"do i have to dress up for this date?" i joked before taking a sip of the water. he chuckled.

"only if you want to, i wouldn't mind." i laughed a little and we resumed to eat and chat.

after enough time, we decided we should start to get ready. "are you sure you don't want to shower first?" he was asking as i threw him back the towel.

"i'll take longer, it's fine," i replied. he nodded before disappearing into the restroom. i decided to get out the stuff that i wanted to bring to the bathroom before i went onto his bed to look on my phone.

for however long he took, i heard the bedroom door open. when i looked in that direction, i saw schlatt in only his towel. he whispered an "ah, fuck," before i hopped up and grabbed my stuff.

i tried my best to cover my rosy cheeks. "right! i'll get out of here, sorry," i said embarrassingly.

he chuckled softly as i got out of the room. before he closed the door, he called out to me, "the towels are in the cabinet outside the bathroom!"

"got it!" i shouted back before placing my stuff down in the bathroom and taking a towel. god, that was a bit embarrassing. the restroom was already steamy so i turned on a fan before i started my own shower and daily routine.

once i was finished, i dressed in some shorts, crop top, and my vibrant vintage-ish jacket. i assumed it would go with the vibe. when i had gotten back to the bedroom, schlatt was dressed in his usual yankee hat, jeans, and this time a purple hoodie with a champion logo. "you weren't kidding when you said you take a long time. nice outfit, by the way."

i huffed a little. "says the one who didn't turn on the fan! it's expected i need more time, i have more shit to do," i said as i plopped down next to him and gave him a kiss. "same with you."

he smiled and rested his hand on my knee. "well then, if you're done with all your shit, are you ready to go, princess?"

i fake gagged. "don't say cheesy shit like that or i'll break your nose. yes, i am ready." he laughed a little and stood up.

"sadist."

"says you!" i replied as i grabbed my small backpack.

we left the house and started to walk to the arcade, as schlatt had said it was close. he brought out his hand for me and i gladly took it. with my free hand, i took photos with my phone when i saw things that sparked my interest. my boyfriend couldn't help but grin whenever he saw me struggle.

we got to the arcade in no time and it looked like what i expected it to, except way bigger with games i haven't seen before. "woah!" i exclaimed, "when did you find out about this?"