chapter twenty-nine

jschlatt: hey just a btw i'm boarding to go to california in a couple of minutes haha

y/t/n: what?

y/t/n: why are you telling me this now?

y/t/n: are you actually serious?

y/t/n: schlatt i swear to god

what a dumbass.

---

i stretched out my back lightly before dragging the box labeled 'clothes' into my bedroom. i figured i would organize the boxes a little bit. i left the boxes that were labeled things like 'kitchen' and 'pc' in my living room, as i didn't know what to do with them.

before i took another clothing box into my room, i heard the repeated ringing of my doorbell. i already had a hunch it was schlatt but i still checked the peephole. my assumption was correct.

i opened the door with a bright smile and open arms, which the taller man didn't hesitate to go into. "honey!" he exclaimed in a tone that was higher than his usual voice. it was unusual for him but the random excitement was the thing that made me hope that this act would continue to come up. i found it slightly cute.

"schlatt!" i exclaimed back as we wobbled side to side as if we were dancing, "how was your flight?"

he took me out of the embrace so he could take off his shoes and come inside. "nothing special, just clouds and crying babies," he replied before sniffling quietly. was he sick?

i took his bag and rolled his suitcase into my bedroom. he followed behind me. "at least it wasn't too bad. do you still have that cold?"

he rubbed his nose but shook his head. "no, i'm pretty sure it's just... allergies." i narrowed my eyes slightly at him. i could tell his nose was raw. "what?"

"nothing, you just look tired," i said as i dismissed it with my hand. "do you wanna sleep here?"

he nodded and fell down onto my bed, releasing a large and exhausted sigh. he reached out for me and i gladly cuddled next to him, even though i wasn't tired. "i love you," he whispered to me before planting kisses on my head, cheeks, and jawline.

"i love you too, schlatt," i replied back, giving him a simple kiss on the shoulder of his hoodie. he looked displeased. "i don't want whatever you have, i know you're sick."

he gave me his sideways smile and chuckled. "fuck off, we're literally cuddling. what's the difference?"

"just go to sleep."

—-

i came back inside my own apartment to the sound of black eyed peas blasting on my alexa speakers. i sighed quietly and placed my bagged groceries on my counter. why was he doing this?

when schlatt finally noticed me from the couch unpacking, he shouted the alexa to stop, then shouted over to me. "oh, hey y/n! what'd you get?"

"i thought i already told you, i went to get some chicken noodle soup. jesus, you're really that sick?"

he bit the inside of his cheek. "i mean, i don't think so. i don't feel too bad."

i glared at him as i got a pot out and started to warm up the soup. "don't lie to me, schlatt. you look terrible and sound completely out of it. don't try and protect your masculinity, if that's what you're trying to do."