XIX

After they had said goodbye to Rebecca, Oliver and Angel met up with Mikaela and Lexi. Together, they plunged back into the woods. "So, how far do you think Olivia and Simon made it?" Mikaela asked. She stood in front of Oliver and Angel, Lexi at her side. The little wolf pup was having the time of her life switching back and forth between her wolf and human form.

"They couldn't be far," Angel said. Oliver glanced over at him. There it was again. Every time he'd try to sneak a look, the winged boy would look away as if he couldn't bare to meet his eye. Oliver frowned. Putting a hand gently on Angel's shoulder, he pulled him back a bit. Angel's eyes widened. "Oliver, what-"

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" he whispered. Angel didn't say anything. The two of them waited until Mikaela and Lexi were out of earshot before anything was said. "What's wrong?" He asked, keeping his voice level. Oliver waited for Angel to face him. The smaller boy's gaze stayed glued to the ground. "Angel. Love, look at me." Slowly, he reached out and put his cold fingers on his chin and tilted upwards. Angel's eyes were sad. The color was dull as if no hope was left in him. "What's wrong?" He whispered.

"I-" Angel's breath caught. It was like he didn't know how to say what was on his mind. Oliver looked at him sympathetically. Without a word, his arms encased themselves around Angel in a small hug. Angel's arms slowly rose to hug him back. Oliver's eyes widened when he felt him shutter and stifle a sob. "W-we can't do this right now. Simon, your mom-"

Oliver tightened his hug. "Forget about finding Simon and my mom for a minute. Forget everything for a minute." He put his hand on the back of Angel's head and stroked his hair. "Nothing else matters right now. Nothing else but you and me. Let's take a break from our mission for just a minute." He felt Angel grip his shirt tighter.

"I-is it true... that you.. bit Olivia..?" Angel whispered.

To say Oliver was surprised was an understatement. Here he was thinking that it was some life and death situation that was plaguing his boyfriend's mind. But this was all it was? At the same time though, he understood jealousy. "Yes, it's true." Oliver whispered against him. Angel's breath hitched. "But-" he continued before Angel could pull away. "you must understand what really happened. My mother- she wanted me to kill Olivia. She let her bleed out in the middle of our kitchen, and it made me hungry. But you know what brought me back to my senses?"

"Hmm?"

"You did, Love." Oliver released Angel from the hug, but cupped the boy's face with both hands. Angel put his hand over one of his. He looked at Oliver now, tears brimming in his eyes. "I asked myself what you would do. I told myself that you wouldn't want me killing someone, even if they were your biggest rival. I couldn't just let her bleed out. This was the only option I had..."

Angel stared at him. Tears spilled down his cheeks. Oliver reached up and wiped them away without a second thought. "B-but you get to spend forever living with her, and I-"

"Angel Green, I promise you I shall love no other." Oliver frowned, determination raiding off him in waves. "While you are here, I shall look at no other boy or girl with the same looks I give you; of absolute love. I shall cherish every moment I have with you. I will do my best and push my limits to give you the life you deserve. I will love you with every fiber of my being, and I will continue to do so, even when you d-" Oliver choked. He couldn't say it. He refused to even think about it. "And even then... I shall love no other. If I ever move on, you can be sure it will be long, long, after you are gone. And even then, no one would ever be able to replace you. I love you with all my heart. I love you so much it hurts. Don't you dare forget that. And even if you start to, I'll be sure to remind you each and every day."

Angel was sobbing now. The tears were rolling down his face. His cheeks were red, and his nose was running. And he looked gorgeous all the same. Finally, Oliver couldn't stand it anymore. He leaned in close. As he expected, Angel backed away. "D-don't kiss me. I-I'm a mess..."